Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: modern forest infantry  (Read 2692 times)

BronzeEagle

modern forest infantry
« on: 28 Jul 2003, 21:30:26 »
I'd like modern forest infantry.  I've seen alot of recent photos and footage on TV and the stuff that we the United States uses looks nothing like what the campaign uses or BAS or KMM or any other addon out there.  The closest to get it right was Code Blue but to my knowledge they're not making a forest infantry.  I have been given permission to make a forest infantry out of their units but I have no texturing skills.  I do have the power to employ someone to do it for me but noone is stepping up.    
« Last Edit: 28 Jul 2003, 21:30:46 by BronzeEagle »

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
Re:modern forest infantry
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jul 2003, 16:04:42 »
id be glad to give it a try, mail me and we'll sort things out

TrackenHit

« Reply #2 on: 01 Aug 2003, 03:00:20 »
Tell me more of this Modern Forest Infantry. I'm getting the impresson your thinking of the Relish Jar uniforms used by the Canadian Army and United States Marine Corps.

BronzeEagle

« Reply #3 on: 01 Aug 2003, 19:12:34 »
Yeah you know, the most realistic modern forest uniform ever.  Noone has really done it.  I could scan some images.  Also a modern hot climate uniform.  

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #4 on: 01 Aug 2003, 19:48:49 »
just think of how many varients of the forest camo there is, theres loads

Mr_Shady

« Reply #5 on: 01 Aug 2003, 20:11:20 »
What do you mean by "modern forest infantry," exactly? Like KJAM said, there's tons of different types of "woodland" camouflage schemes (UK DPM, German Flecktarn, US Woodland, USMC MARPAT, Aussie AUSCAM, etc. etc. etc.) and likewise for hot climate schemes.

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #6 on: 01 Aug 2003, 21:02:26 »
and the camo is also woodland type specific, an example is a camo used for pine forests, theres the normal, then the snow, etc its also season specific too, green camo wouldnt work to  well in autumn

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #7 on: 01 Aug 2003, 21:06:39 »
MARPAT is considered the best camo at the present time - although its each to their own really  ;)
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Mr_Shady

« Reply #8 on: 01 Aug 2003, 21:28:14 »
I have to say I prefer DPM, since it works in loads of different areas. MARPAT looks a lot like Flecktarn to me, but I've not really had a good look at any proper kit.

BronzeEagle

« Reply #9 on: 02 Aug 2003, 18:19:54 »
Good news everyone.  The Code Blue modern forest infantry is going through final beta stages.  I have an image.  
« Last Edit: 02 Aug 2003, 21:16:04 by BronzeEagle »

Mr_Shady

« Reply #10 on: 03 Aug 2003, 01:16:31 »
I hope they sort those textures out. And what's with the huge water canteen?  ???

BronzeEagle

« Reply #11 on: 03 Aug 2003, 01:59:18 »
Okay this is Beta Two of the Modern Forest Infantry project from Operation Code Blue that I'm working on.  Enjoy.  Finally, some modern forest infantry GRUNTS, baby.  Woo hoo!  The blackhawk fires its missiles at a tank at the landing zone coming in fast and straight, then turns sideways as the rope flies down from the side and onto the bridge below.  The ARMY's infantry fastropes down from each side, machine gunners first, providing cover fire.  The chatter of the machine gun covers his men as they prepare to take the bridge checkpoint.    
« Last Edit: 03 Aug 2003, 02:03:56 by BronzeEagle »

BronzeEagle

« Reply #12 on: 03 Aug 2003, 02:08:46 »
Checkpoint secure boys...

BronzeEagle

« Reply #13 on: 03 Aug 2003, 02:09:18 »
....looks like those Russians ain't coming back.

BronzeEagle

« Reply #14 on: 03 Aug 2003, 02:10:20 »
Kooky: Tell me about it, that canteen is as big as a Satchel Charge.  Its a ten gallon canteen unless you want to see a claymore bag in its place.  
« Last Edit: 03 Aug 2003, 02:20:04 by BronzeEagle »

Mr_Shady

« Reply #15 on: 03 Aug 2003, 17:44:32 »
I thought they'd replaced the old-fashioned plastic/metal water canteens with the squashy plastic ones that you can roll up when you're finished with them anyway.

BronzeEagle

« Reply #16 on: 03 Aug 2003, 22:34:15 »
Okay you guys really do want the Claymore pouch.  Claymore pouch it is.  As you can see from the final beta the soldier is almost finished.  I just need some help.  I need to get the head from the KMM international infantry placed onto my unit but I at the current moment am learning how and it's coming along very slowly.  If one of you knows and would like to help me I'd appreciate it.  Once that is done he'll have a removable helmet, movable goggles too.  If I could get a removable backpack done that would be the icing on the cake.  I'm shooting for the best for this model.  I hope this will be the definitive U.S. grunt model for players out there.      
« Last Edit: 03 Aug 2003, 22:37:27 by BronzeEagle »

Vyper

« Reply #17 on: 04 Aug 2003, 00:17:08 »
As long as we don't have an action menu for EVERYTHING! i hate it when it reads something like

Take off helmet
remove goggles
take off helmet and remove goggles
brush hair
scratch ass
call mum when i get home or she'll go mad
darn new pair of socks
break fathers horse in
reload M16
M16 on back
too late, your never gonna get this far, your dead!

I can't think off a way around it but there definitly has to be one! Like a script that activates the Goggles to come down when you get in a vehicle and then go up about 15 seconds after you leave it? And why have a removable helmet? i'd prefer to have a seperate model with less armour values whos just in shorts and t-shirt to be hounest...eye candy is good but i want practicality too, as do a lot of people.  But its looking not too bad so far!

Vyper

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #18 on: 04 Aug 2003, 00:20:49 »
and if you would be kind, make it so that people can use yours as a base and add different textures etc and some more functions lol

Mr_Shady

« Reply #19 on: 04 Aug 2003, 14:24:51 »
My pet habit in MP if we're using the KMM Internation Infantry is to only wear the wooly bobhat instead of a helmet... makes me feel like a proper commando  ;D

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #20 on: 04 Aug 2003, 15:16:39 »
vyper, the script would be better if like when you got in a vehicle the goggles came UP and when u got they then they came DOWN

BronzeEagle

« Reply #21 on: 04 Aug 2003, 15:16:58 »
Damn right.  It's very commandoish.  

Coporal_Punishment

« Reply #22 on: 05 Aug 2003, 12:05:10 »
I think the way BAS are going to release their next ranger and delta pack is that they are going to let the mission editor decide what you will see on the toggle screen.

About modern infantry I would personally like too see some. I'm sick of using '85 troops for support infantry why can't i use modern troops to support modern rangers/ deltas

swift88

« Reply #23 on: 05 Aug 2003, 12:25:49 »
what i wanna see is english MP's like in afganistan, with their helements on their hips, and you can see their berrets and radio

« Last Edit: 05 Aug 2003, 12:30:45 by swift88 »

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #24 on: 05 Aug 2003, 12:43:51 »
but they arn't MP's....

the first picture is of the RAF Regiment (well i think so) - not so well known about, but they basically are tasked with protecting RAF instalations and equipment

and the second is the Royal Gurka Regiment...

the woman on the right is an MP
« Last Edit: 05 Aug 2003, 12:53:42 by Messiah »

BronzeEagle

« Reply #25 on: 05 Aug 2003, 16:15:03 »
I'd like to make that.  I have a beret model finished.  If I made this current model open ended then you could redo the textures to that of the country you like.  I'll throw the beret model in and make this model open ended for those of you who like to fiddle with textures.  You'll have a modern european soldier as well.  

swift88

« Reply #26 on: 05 Aug 2003, 16:17:54 »
swift takes his hat off to find its already at his hip

BronzeEagle

« Reply #27 on: 05 Aug 2003, 16:21:05 »
I wish that the at ease animation looked like that one guy in the beret holding his gun at his hip.  That way to go from one animation to the other is faster and it looks cooler.  

swift88

« Reply #28 on: 05 Aug 2003, 16:24:18 »
with a beast of a gun lol i bet hes not too far from where i live, because gurkas are stationes in beconsfield

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #29 on: 05 Aug 2003, 16:57:28 »
you mean where he is stationed yeah? lol... cos if u mean in the pic - i hope your area doesnt have barbered wire and war torn buildings  ;)

BronzeEagle

« Reply #30 on: 06 Aug 2003, 18:06:13 »
As I look at those pictures and notice the short sleeves another action comes to mind.  Do you know what it is?  

swift88

« Reply #31 on: 06 Aug 2003, 18:20:33 »
hmmmmm errrrr eeeeeee i dont think it would look righ having a animation which allows the sleaves to move up.........but thats just me

p00_p00

« Reply #32 on: 08 Aug 2003, 15:00:16 »
Hmmmm the BAS Delta and Ranger in green garb look woodlandish enugh for me atm

So i aint complaining!

But yeah make some more woodland units but wid better texturing!

BronzeEagle

« Reply #33 on: 13 Aug 2003, 02:12:03 »
I'm trying to get a program that opens config.bin files.  Once I do that the beta 1.0 will be finished but the next version will have the actions on it.  

Coporal_Punishment

« Reply #34 on: 13 Aug 2003, 15:57:20 »
Hmmmm the BAS Delta and Ranger in green garb look woodlandish enugh for me atm

So i aint complaining!

But yeah make some more woodland units but wid better texturing!

but incase you havn't realised all the equipment the BAS rangers are using a Special Forces equipment e.g. the helmet will rarely be found on regular troops

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #35 on: 13 Aug 2003, 16:31:34 »
the Rangers helmet is the same helmet as used by the airborne and armoured divisions... just replace the M4's with M16's.

Eviscerator

« Reply #36 on: 13 Aug 2003, 16:36:33 »
the Rangers helmet is the same helmet as used by the airborne and armoured divisions... just replace the M4's with M16's.

Erm, nearly, its used by the airborne divisions, but i think the armoured are still using the PASGT, the helmet we have modelled is the MICH helmet.