Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Q's on EdUp102 and Kegetys' Editor Addons  (Read 576 times)

Mr.BoDean

Q's on EdUp102 and Kegetys' Editor Addons
« on: 29 Jul 2003, 05:22:49 »
Hi All,
  Ok, so I have FINALLY done the upgrade to RESISTANCE !!   (applause)     ;D   ;D   I have a mission I created in 1.46 with EdUp102 and I am looking to do 2 things:

1.) Convert the mission into a usable form for Resistance using Kegetys' Editor Addon (and the BAS LittleBirds for 1.85)  .  However, the Readme for Keg's addon says to delete the EDUP102.pbo from the Addon folder.  So, do I place the Keg .pbo in both the OPFlash/Addons folder  AND the OPFlash/Res/Addons folders ?  ???  Or just the Res/Addons folder and delete the old ED102 .pbo?  I was expecting a totally  different set of folders/files when I installed Resistance, but that's not the case and I am confused  about still playing both 1.46 and 1.91 missions.   :-\    ???

and

2.) To convert the original 1.46 mission into one that does NOT require ANY addons. Removing the Little Birds is easy enough , but having trouble figuring out which items came from the Ed102 Upgrade.  One person told me the vehicle type starts with an "AAA" in the prefix (looking at the mission.sqm file).  I also found "GAA" and "GAX" prefixes. Are these applicable, too?  At any rate, I still can't figure out what all of these things are and think some may be ammo loaded into crates, because they don't seem to show up. Any hints?   ???   ???   :-\     :-X

Thanks for any help!

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:Q's on EdUp102 and Kegetys' Editor Addons
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jul 2003, 11:40:18 »
I remember being really annoyed by the same problem myself.   And sadly I can't quite remember what I did.

However, on investigation it appears that I have editorupdate102.pbo in both addon folders, the original one and the resistance one.

Upgrade your version of Resistance to 1.91.     In principle, you can play 1.46 missions fine.

Having done both of these things, simply try and play one of the old missions and see what happens.   With luck they will work, if they don't them you should get an error message which will give you a clue what to do.

If a mission does not work because it uses gunslingers' addon, try opening the mission in the mission editor.   It won't work, but then open the mission.sqm file and delete all the addons listed there.   (trust me!)    Now try to open the mission in the mission editor again.   It might work.

Other addons, like the littlebirds, should be fine - you shouldn't have any problems.

To convert a mission to one without any addons at all, go into the mission editor and delete all the units you think are addons.  Save, and look at the mission.sqm to see if there are any addons listed (some might be official).    If there are, it's back to the mission editor to find them.      The mission.sqm obviously gives their coordinates.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Mr.BoDean

« Reply #2 on: 29 Jul 2003, 13:50:06 »
Hey Mac!
 Ok, hmmm ...let's see:
However, on investigation it appears that I have editorupdate102.pbo in both addon folders, the original one and the resistance one.

By "one" ,Do you mean the folders or the .pbo's and one of each or what? i.e. Kegetys version of ed102.pbo at 218kb in both addons folders or the original ed102.pbo at 92.9kb in the original addon folder with Keg's in the Res one?

After placing the newer Keg version of Ed102 in BOTH addon folders,I got an error on launching a 1.46 game saying "ed102 requires version 1.75 to work", but I clicked Ok and it still loaded a non-ed102 mission.

Other addons, like the littlebirds, should be fine - you shouldn't have any problems.

Ok, so I loaded my mission up in the Resistance v1.91 editor and when I went to launch it, it said "could not load mission- addon lbs soar 1.46 not found". However, I again clicked ok and all seemed to work fine. (The LittleBirds 1.46 are in original addons folder; LB's 1.85 are in Res Addons folder.) Any way to get rid of that?

Having done both of these things, simply try and play one of the old missions and see what happens.   With luck they will work, if they don't them you should get an error message which will give you a clue what to do.

On another note, going into the mission in Resistance, I opened a couple of existing Triggers (as in Edit Trigger) and when I went to close them  (no changes were made) , it came up with an error like "missing    (   ".  One pertained to this :

On Activation: P5,P6,P7,P8 setBehaviour "Aware"

which was fine before, but couldn't figure out the syntax and now I wonder if I've opened up a big can of worms??   :-X   :-\   Has the code changed a lot between the 2 versions?

To convert a mission to one without any addons at all, go into the mission editor and delete all the units you think are addons.  Save, and look at the mission.sqm to see if there are any addons listed (some might be official).    If there are, it's back to the mission editor to find them.      The mission.sqm obviously gives their coordinates

Well, the addons list at the top of the mission.sqm are all fairly obvious, but I wasn't sure if the 6G30 was part of that? Was there ever a list that showed what items these Ed102 Upgrades actually ADDED from the original config?

And how do I go about putting those coordinates to any use? Some conversion tool or something?  Thanks again, U guys are the bestest!  ;)

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 29 Jul 2003, 18:35:25 »
It is possible to have 1.46 and 1.91 on your computer and play them as different games, but it's hard work - you are forever transferring addons in and out.    Frankly I wouldn't bother - just run 1.91.

That's what I do.   I have editorupdate102.pbo in the original addon folder.   I also have it in the Resy addon folder.   (Gunslinger's old addon is nowhere.)

Get rid of littlebirds 1.46.   Keep it simple, just have LB 1.85.

Basic syntax has not changed between versions, but there are problems with some commands.    If a line of code is causing problems, delete it and rewrite it from first principles.

6G30 is an official addon, the heavy grenade launcher.

I believe there is a coord-grid square conversion tutorial in the Ed Depot.

Hope that helps!
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Mr.BoDean

« Reply #4 on: 29 Jul 2003, 21:21:54 »
Hope that helps!

What, are you kidding me? Any posts from you are always helpful,Mac.  ;D   ;)     Thanks a lot ,man.     8)