Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: How to set ojective complete when a unit is destroyed?  (Read 853 times)

Tobruk

How??

I would like to set an objective to be completed when a unit is destroyed and then reveal the next hidden objective.

For the life of me I can never find any thing is the FAQ, even though I'm sure it is there. ???

m21man

Re:How to set ojective complete when a unit is destroyed?
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jul 2003, 06:00:35 »
First off, hide the objective you want hidden with ["1" objstatus = "HIDDEN"]. A nice big trigger will now do the rest. If the unit you want killed is called "badguy", then put in the Condition field of your new trigger [getdammage badguy = 1]. In the on activation put ["0" objstatus = "DONE";"1" objstatus = "ACTIVE"].

Note: 0 and 1 are whatever number the objective is in the list of objectives in briefing.html. Change them if appropriate. Also, the brackets are for seperation. Don't use 'em in the fields.
« Last Edit: 25 Jul 2003, 06:03:36 by m21man »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #2 on: 25 Jul 2003, 10:11:08 »
Read snYpir's excellent tute "How to use objectives and init.sqs"
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

m21man

« Reply #3 on: 25 Jul 2003, 21:22:32 »
I heartily concur 8).

Tobruk

« Reply #4 on: 26 Jul 2003, 01:43:24 »
Well actually I read that Tute, but it was about 6 months ago and I don't remember that particular setting.

That is the trouble, I 've read too many tutes about too many different things and now I'm just confused :P.  Look for my upcoming mission "Critical Rendezvous II". It should be in beta soon, so long as I can find a good tute on scripting simple Intros and Outros.