Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Addon Limit?  (Read 929 times)

duckwilliamson

Addon Limit?
« on: 23 Jul 2003, 09:11:16 »
My question is simple: is there a limit for the number or total size of addons you have?

I was just wondering if i have glitchy addons or if its because of a limited size

-I have almost 600mb (150ish) addons ...

My problem comes where i added a few new addons and the game said it couldn't load 'O' (which i though BIS made with res ... the V-80 is it?) so i removed 5 and added 3 addons and when i shot the explosive weapons the game lagged like crap (complete pause) then shot normally for about 1minute until crash without an error ... It's not a technical thingy with my computer, everythings been running fine for some time now ...

Tigershark

Re:Addon Limit?
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jul 2003, 09:33:15 »
The problem is the amount of addons your machine is capable of loading into memory when starting the game. So yes...there is a limit on the number of addons but this limit is dependent on video memory and RAM and therefore differ from machine to machine.

The easy solution to this is to use mod folders. Visit Avon Lady's FAQ and do a search for mod folders to find out how to use these correctly.

Cpt. FrostBite

« Reply #2 on: 23 Jul 2003, 15:07:56 »
I believe patch 1.92 will do something about this.

duckwilliamson

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jul 2003, 07:22:04 »
ok ...
i correct myself in that there are 223 working addons with 600 mbs ...

and what memory is it loaded to? i have a 128ddr ram video card with 512ddr ram in the comp ... i have like 1gb hd space free ...

when is 1.92 due out and is it going to make it so that the addons cache only if they are being used?

asmodeus

« Reply #4 on: 24 Jul 2003, 09:11:39 »
Hey PointBlank!   :)

Unfortunately, this is an OFP editing site only.  No Tech Support questions are allowed here.

I suggest you visit the BIS forums at:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard301/ikonboard.cgi?s=3c35bc596380ffff

There you can find out about the 1.92 patch as well as ask for help with troubleshooting.  (I suggest searching and you'll find it, these are very common problems and questions you have)

Either way, Tigershark really gave you the answer you needed for now...  Just decrease the amount of addons you have in your addons folder!

*topic locked*

Asmodeus