Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Watermans Island...  (Read 11038 times)

Waterman

Re:Watermans Island...
« Reply #30 on: 26 Aug 2002, 21:00:01 »
Thanks for the compliment! :)

So any work done on your campaign Jakerod? Any missions started? You should make a page on your website saying who's all joined. You can put me down on your site as WRPeditor if you like? (I take it you are wanting to use a new island...)

Jakerod

« Reply #31 on: 26 Aug 2002, 22:33:13 »
Yes, We have three people now...I started a mission...it needs voices, intro, and outro, briefing overview that kinda stuff and the rest is done...so the actually mission is done.

You are Resistance Soldier on Everon and you have to stop some russians.

Not Completely sure if im using it as a mission for the campaign yet.

By the way Waterman i got a terrain set up...It has some forests on it so far so if you want me to e-mail it to you let me know.

Waterman

« Reply #32 on: 26 Aug 2002, 23:35:55 »
You know where... ;)

Waterman

« Reply #33 on: 28 Aug 2002, 21:46:23 »
I've added a few more screenshots at my site along with an updated version.  There isn't heaps done to it but there is a few more corrected textures like rock textures for the mountains, and a few bits and pieces here and there. :)

I would post it here but the picture gets distorted resizing it and that. :-\

Waterman.

Kaliyuga

« Reply #34 on: 30 Aug 2002, 22:40:03 »
Just wanted to say that I looked at your island this morning in-game.. and it looks spectacular :thumbsup:

We (the Cartel), are seriously thinking about using this for our Campaign/Mod in addition to Everon...
*BTW, I can't really see too many modifications that would need to be done to accomodate us...  probably just a few small ones ;) , and if we do use it.. I'd love to use some screenshots on our upcoming website.. with your name emblazoned all across them of course

Saves me the time from makin my own dam* island... LOL.. I've got a couple of ones in the works that are slowly but surely coming along, including a small one that will probably make it into the campaign as well...

Anyways.. back on topic as it were,
Anyone that's gonna make an island.. go look at this one.. Waterman's done a proper job on this one ;)

One thing I remember now though is when I loaded it up there were a couple of tide problems that flooded out a road.. can't remember exactly where.. but will tell you next time :cheers:
« Last Edit: 30 Aug 2002, 22:43:59 by Kaliyuga »

Waterman

« Reply #35 on: 30 Aug 2002, 23:26:26 »
I think your are talking about the road that goes from the main island onto a wee island in the main inlet bit. It's was beside a wee base also.  Well it's supposed to be flooded! :)

I'm actually trying to find the motivation to finish it off but don't worry I WILL! :)  Reason being placing vegetation takes ages and OFPinternals are taking ages with the new version of WRPedit.  Hopefully the new version will have a copy/paste function... ;)

I don't know if I'll be able to do Jakerod's after mine at the moment, but I will try to...  When the holidays come up I will hopefully get a boost of motivation to carry on (at speed!).

Done a little bit more of my island today... :D
Nothing worth making a picture out of...

Waterman, :tomato:

Kaliyuga

« Reply #36 on: 31 Aug 2002, 03:44:58 »
OK so that explains that then... as far as the vegetation goes... you're definately on the right track... and the island can be used for beta testing of our missions while still in the process of construction which is the nice thing ..

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #37 on: 31 Aug 2002, 04:05:51 »
i think we need som farms 4 our cartel  ;)

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #38 on: 31 Aug 2002, 08:38:18 »
i found a eror  :) - in da big airport dere r som lights dat r @ ground high  :o

LCD OUT

Waterman

« Reply #39 on: 31 Aug 2002, 13:17:06 »
More farms are on the way! ;D

About the lights thing. It's supposed to be runway lights at night but I don't know if they're any good.

Oh and do you find the landing autopilot works properly? ???

It worked for me at first but when I tried to enter taxiway points in the cpp file, in game the plane flies into the sea somewhere. :-\
I'll try to sort that out...

Waterman.
« Last Edit: 31 Aug 2002, 13:18:04 by Waterman »

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #40 on: 31 Aug 2002, 13:34:34 »
didnt try autopilot yet  :)

i dont think da light thing looks right  :-\

LCD OUT

[edit] nd put us in ur news page  ;) [/edit]
« Last Edit: 31 Aug 2002, 13:37:22 by LCD »

Waterman

« Reply #41 on: 31 Aug 2002, 14:55:36 »

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #42 on: 31 Aug 2002, 16:38:46 »
cool  ;D farms  ;D

LCD OUT

Waterman

« Reply #43 on: 02 Sep 2002, 00:00:04 »
The Everon Cartel has made it way into my site somehow? ;)

I'm still in the process of making farms and finishing other bits and pieces. i.e. the road network and small adjustments to the landscape and textures...

I'll post some new pics in a day or two... :)

Also wondering what else (@Kaliyuga) do you want changed on the island? Just more vegetation and farms or other stuff? ???

Waterman. :toocool:

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #44 on: 02 Sep 2002, 00:32:22 »
yupi  :wow:  ;) we r on da site  ;D

mybe a prisioner camp (u know not like regular base - it need all dose big walls nd wires fences  ;D

LCD OUT