Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: modelSpecial, some thoughts  (Read 573 times)

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
modelSpecial, some thoughts
« on: 16 Jul 2003, 19:02:24 »
Well, I'm using Inquisitors handy do-it-yourself M4 pack to create my very own M4 SOPMOD, will can use the following mags:

Standard 30 round
100 round C-mag
Both of the above except supressed.

It will use modelSpecial to change the model in order to reflect this, and I've got this down no problem, but the thing is, I want to take it a step further.
Is it possible to change modelSpecial through a script, or to automatically load a different model/weapon through a script? What I'm doing is I'm going to add actions for switching between ACOG and a Scope, and ACOG and reflex sight respectively.

Now, I was wondering if this is even possible, changing it mid-game so to speak. Or do I have to do it through normal scripting?
removeWeapon/addWeapon?
And if I do that, will it remain in his hands and just switch weapon or?
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Rubble_Maker

Re:modelSpecial, some thoughts
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jul 2003, 21:11:07 »
You can only do that using the "RemoveWeapon/AddWeapon" trick, but I dont see why this should be a bad solution. I'm quite sure it'd work fine. Maybe you need to issue an "SelectWeapon" afterwards so the new weapon really becomes available to the player.