Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Honest John Rocket Artillery  (Read 634 times)

koteru

Honest John Rocket Artillery
« on: 09 Jul 2003, 01:09:16 »
Hey, I would love to see one of these beatiful rockets for OFP. The Honest John was an artillery rocket used by the U.S. Army during the 50's and 60's as a tacticle delivery sytem for low yield nuclear warheads and also conventional warheads. The launch system for these is incredible, with its dual exhaust ports on the nose that would spin the missle to stablize it during launch.

Here are some pics:

Rocket on Launch Vehicle

Notice the ports on the side (two small nozzles), these were used to stablize the rocket using exhaust.

Dual launch of the rocket system, notice the exhaust.

Another good picture of the exhaust and its action as it comes off the launch rail.

I am sorry to say that I don't know much about making addons for OFP, but I'am an ok modeler and would be willing to model the rocket and launcher if soemone would help me with the coding. I'am hoping that if this does work out that I might be able to use it with the CoC Unified Artillery Engine (iamgine 15-20 of these things going off at once!)

Well hope for some suggestions and feedback.

Marsuitor

Re:Honest John Rocket Artillery
« Reply #1 on: 09 Jul 2003, 16:50:47 »
I heard somewhere that the thought behind this was to take out wads of soviet tanks in a single go. I've also heard that the nuke blast radius was greater than the missile range. Go figure... :P

gundam007

Re:Honest John Rocket Artillery
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jul 2003, 17:33:28 »
nevermind
« Last Edit: 10 Jul 2003, 17:51:17 by gundam007 »