Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: amend user missions  (Read 1127 times)

maultier g.71

amend user missions
« on: 07 Jul 2003, 17:01:54 »
This is (I think) a very basic question, but I cannot find it anywhere in the tutorials I've read and I could not find it out by trial-and-error. Here comes: can someone explain to me step-by-step how I can amend an existing (mp co-op) user mission?

I want to keep the great missions other ofp-ers made for the most part intact, but just want to add some other weapons and vehicles.........I will be very grateful for a clear answer!

Thx!

Offline Zombie

• Members
  • Beware the night, the zombie walks among you
    • USI
Re:amend user missions
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jul 2003, 01:33:14 »
first thing you gotta do is un pbo the mission file, then move the folder to your  ofp/username/missions folder, then load it up in the editor and get to cookin'

maultier g.71

Re:amend user missions2
« Reply #2 on: 08 Jul 2003, 09:56:34 »
Thanks, but I got this far....only if I do this and amend a mission and then save it as user mission and export it, the mission briefing, intro/outro, cutscenes, custom sounds belonging to the mission etceteras have all disappeared.

So in what way can I use my amended mission-file, together with the other files from the original .pbo, so that I will have custom weapons in a mission but the rest will be exactly the same??????

Thanks in advance!

Offline Zombie

• Members
    • USI
« Reply #3 on: 08 Jul 2003, 11:05:33 »
I you change the name of the mission, even to add v1.1 etc, then yes the program will create a new folder.  So after you edit the mission in the editor you gotta go and manually move all the other files to the new folder, then export it.  The mission.sqm is the only file the editor changes but a name change in the editor will cause the prob you are having.
  BTW, you do know the editor won't overwrite files when you export right?  You have to manually delete the missionname.pbo BEFORE you export.  This concept caused me much grief before I saw the answer here in the forums

maultier g.71

« Reply #4 on: 09 Jul 2003, 13:11:29 »
GREAT, this little piece of information was exactly what I needed: thx a lot. I really appreciate the fact that you take the time to help newbies such as myself!! :D

Offline Zombie

• Members
    • USI
« Reply #5 on: 09 Jul 2003, 22:12:06 »
Your welcome, glad I could pass on some of the knowledge I have acquired.  I have making maps fro almost a year now, and I STILL need to come here at times.  This is the greatest community.  If you can't find the answer to any mapmaking/scripting question here, then the answer don't exist!  Welcome to the fun, and occasionally frustrating, world of mission design!