Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Charge in on detection  (Read 719 times)

McBurne

Charge in on detection
« on: 18 May 2003, 14:38:00 »
Ok here's the deal. I know absolutely jack s**t about scripting :-[ and maybe not enough about edditing, anyhow...

Let's say you're a black op, infiltrating an area crawling with red's. It's pitch dark so the enemy is patroling with cars and bmp's, with they're lights on.
If you crawl in and shoot a few, the others simply get on with their business, even when you blow up something. Is the're a way to make the entire force running to the attack site to find out what the hell hapened? (or maybe a pre-determined portion for realism sake)

Or to make them chase you when detected? I'm really breaking my head over this,  >:(  >:( becouse nobody keeps doing their patroll rounds like nothing ever hapened after you blow up a Bmp, 100m away.

Help me plz.

Grtz Burne

toto

Re:Charge in on detection
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2003, 03:50:18 »
I most certainly agree with you in what you are saying,if this game has so much realism, it needs a slight touch up.If you are discovered or if as you say,blow up a tank 100 metres away,at least the topps within the surrounding 100 metres need respond.This, I think would make co-ops much more fun, after you have made you intial attack, have the troops in the base counter attack and not just on predetermined waypoints,make them counter attack to the area of the original attack.Is this posible or is it too much?I am an avid gamer but a new to mission making,God bless  mission making.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2003, 07:07:16 »
its not only doable its also easy 2 do so :P

make detection triger

Triger
condition : side detected by side
type : switch
condition field : this or not alive BMPname

now make all da patrols have cycle WP (after som move 1s) so dey patrol around - nd make em have guard WP after da cycle - nd schino da triger w/ da cycle WP wen da triger is activated - dey wil look around nd attack u were dey c u cuz of da guard WP

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

beowulf2014

« Reply #3 on: 25 May 2003, 08:02:58 »
couldnt have put it better myself...another thing you can add for realism is
in each soldiers/ vehicles init field put

soldier setBehaviour "SAFE"
soldier setCombatMode "GREEN"

("soldier replace with name of soldier or vehicle)
and then on detection inside the trigger LCD was talking in the activation field also put:
[] exec "Combat.sqs"

and the script would be:
;
#Start
      soldier setBehaviour "COMBAT"
      soldier setCombatMode "RED"
end

where soldier is the name of EACH vehicle and soldier that is on the east side. What this does is make it realistic cause soldiers are not alwasy patrolling ready to shoot someone and this will cause them to be non combat untill the west is detected and then send them into a combat mode. Just remember in the script, to put both those lines above with the name of each soldier/vehicle replaceing the word "soldier".
You make this script by using notepad and then save as, All Files, Combat.sqs......
HOpe that helps ya some more! ;D

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #4 on: 25 May 2003, 15:18:26 »
he can just use WPs 2 change da combat mode nd da behaviour ;)

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline KeyCat

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 10 Jul 2003, 00:30:22 »
Check out the Group Link II script available in the Editors Depot. This script will make enemy AI groups hunt you all over the island if you are detected.

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

- The journey is the reward!