Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: US Marines - Units?  (Read 1689 times)

Mooseman

US Marines - Units?
« on: 07 Jul 2003, 17:15:01 »
Hi -

I'm doing a mission that's set close to kolgujevs coast.

Obviously I want to use US Maries for the West side. The mission is partly recon - partly assault.

Now, which units would you choose for US Marines? Is there any decent US Marines add on?

MPKING

Re:US Marines - Units?
« Reply #1 on: 07 Jul 2003, 19:03:52 »
The only decent marines made are Codeblue's! - http://codeblue.opflash.org/  But at this time they don't have camo that match kolgujev (They say they will make forestcamo marines later, right now they are busy with they're Mod) so i think your only choise are Frandsen's marines -http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?sekce=unofaddons/units&archiv=true&page=2
This is not to say that Frandsen's marines are bad but Codeblue's are more detailed and up to date. :)

MPKING

« Reply #2 on: 07 Jul 2003, 19:06:36 »

MPKING

« Reply #3 on: 07 Jul 2003, 19:08:15 »

MPKING

« Reply #4 on: 07 Jul 2003, 19:16:34 »
One thing you should know about the Codeblue marines is that they have a bodyarmor system that makes them tougher and are not matched by other soldier addons. So that gives them a maybe to big avantage.

Mooseman

« Reply #5 on: 08 Jul 2003, 14:06:40 »
Thanks, I'll check them out...

Btw: Do you know the US Marines beta 3 over at http://www.baconbomb.com/modworks/
?

They have a woodland camo and look quite good... Only thing it seems, they appear to have only a m16 weapon loadout

MPKING

« Reply #6 on: 08 Jul 2003, 19:28:46 »
Yes i know them, sorry i forgot but i think they are still in beta.
There camo is not forest, it's ment for desert warfare with desertcamo helmet and boot's. Codeblue have something simular for there marines.

Mr_Shady

« Reply #7 on: 08 Jul 2003, 23:39:36 »
I find that the Earl/Suchey Marines work better in woodland than desert, but that's just me. You can always change their weapon loadouts in the editor.

MPKING

« Reply #8 on: 09 Jul 2003, 17:59:12 »
Yes they probably do, i'm just a realism freak that don't like marines running around in a forest with desert helmet and boot's. ;)

Mr_Shady

« Reply #9 on: 09 Jul 2003, 18:41:39 »
Desert kit's the height of fashion mate  ;)

Frosty

« Reply #10 on: 10 Jul 2003, 02:30:22 »
Earl-Schuey's Marines are wearing a NBC suit, or something of the sort, which only comesin Woodland camoflauge. Their Marines are meant to represent the Marines fighting in Iraq.

Coporal_Punishment

« Reply #11 on: 10 Jul 2003, 04:57:00 »
I really don't see why this can't be a ranger job. All you need is a ranger batallion which will need the support 2 amour platoons, 4 Artillary Regiments, an Air Aussault Bridage, a Tactical Fighter Wing and a carrier battle group

Frosty

« Reply #12 on: 10 Jul 2003, 05:06:53 »
With that many troops you could essentially take over Kolguyev in one day.
4 artillery regiments? That is a lot.

Coporal_Punishment

« Reply #13 on: 10 Jul 2003, 16:04:42 »
Australia has 60,000 sailors, soilders and airmen/airwomen and we have 4 artillary regiments so it can't be that much on average we have one artillary regiment per bridage

Frosty

« Reply #14 on: 11 Jul 2003, 02:07:39 »
Well, Australia is undoubtedley the best country in the world, so it only seems fitting  ;) :D

Coporal_Punishment

« Reply #15 on: 12 Jul 2003, 01:59:32 »
Agreed cheers mate

Mr_Shady

« Reply #16 on: 12 Jul 2003, 19:37:24 »
If anybody else said that about their country, I'd get a bit indignant about it, but the Aussies are alright by me  :)