Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: chechen lahta...THEE best island by far  (Read 2788 times)

BronzeEagle

chechen lahta...THEE best island by far
« on: 05 Jul 2003, 03:02:29 »
I just tried out this new island called chechen lahta.  this island is so precise.  its not finished yet, but it is very well designed.  it has these small villages all with names and together they form a very large town.  its amazing to walk through this thing.   you really feel like this is a colony somewhere.  i could just envision all the refugees leaving their communities due to the enemy advancement.  if someone made a jungle version id be very glad.    

Offline Maatz

• Members
  • What are you lookin' at?
Re:chechen lahta...THEE best island by far
« Reply #1 on: 05 Jul 2003, 09:48:34 »
can u tell us, where we can find that island?

BronzeEagle

« Reply #2 on: 05 Jul 2003, 16:26:38 »

Tigershark

« Reply #3 on: 08 Jul 2003, 06:46:01 »
I agree...it's a very nice piece of work...I was very impressed.

BronzeEagle

« Reply #4 on: 08 Jul 2003, 16:57:51 »
okay that link doesn't seem to work now.  go to www.ofpnews.com and look in their addons section for the island.  

server1

« Reply #5 on: 14 Jul 2003, 19:58:24 »
It works  :)

SoldierX

« Reply #6 on: 14 Jul 2003, 21:16:27 »
i agree. a jungle version would be cool.

Homefry31464

« Reply #7 on: 27 Jul 2003, 01:27:40 »
It is a great island.  What else could there be to do on this island? How can you get OFPEC to host something? (or does the author have to post it?)

Grind_and_Click

« Reply #8 on: 28 Jul 2003, 16:54:10 »
waow that IS one good island  :D

BronzeEagle

« Reply #9 on: 28 Jul 2003, 21:23:46 »
Well, Homefry, you have to be careful because Chechnya is a real place.  I think that the best thing to do would be to refer to my article in mission ideas on how to come up with missions.  Now if you wanted to say that the place Chechen Lahta is a fictional island then you would be free of responsibility.  A little info for you Chechnya is a place where they are rebelling against russia, they are a band of Chechen rebels and they also are muslim I think.  I don't think the United States is involved in that but Chechen rebels were released and there are Russia troops available as downloads.  If you wanted to make up something make believe then by all means go for it.  I don't think anyone is going to punish you for your point of view.  Hell, the island is so good I'll probably play it myself.  I hope noone punishes you for your point of view.    
« Last Edit: 28 Jul 2003, 21:24:05 by BronzeEagle »

Homefry31464

« Reply #10 on: 29 Jul 2003, 00:47:14 »
Sorry for the confusion, I meant what else could you do to make the island better.  I understand the current situation in Chechnya, read quite a bit about it.  Sorry again for the confusion, but thanks for taking the time to reply.

;)

BronzeEagle

« Reply #11 on: 30 Jul 2003, 15:43:11 »
Well to make it better I'd simply finish the other towns that are labeled but you go and see that theres nothing there.  Thanks to the barracks addon you can put bases there though so its not totally a problem considering the island has only one military base on it and one airport.   Aside from that I'd make a jungle version.    

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #12 on: 30 Jul 2003, 16:59:46 »
that addon pack (barracks) RULESSSSS  ;D
its really helpful, anyway........now downlaoding the island

Homefry31464

« Reply #13 on: 02 Aug 2003, 02:43:45 »
If anyone has had any trouble finding the island ( I know I did), here it is:

ftp://www.gamezone.cz/ofpd/islands2/chechen.rar

It needs the AGS Industrial Pack, found here:

ftp://www.gamezone.cz/ofpd/unofaddons2/ags_inds.zip

BronzeEagle

« Reply #14 on: 02 Aug 2003, 21:34:34 »
The other day the thought came to mind: well chechen rebels are fighting off the russians there, what if USA helped them?  So I might explore that idea.  I downloaded the chechen rebels addon and Lasers Russian special forces addon.  

AnotherAZguy

« Reply #15 on: 05 Aug 2003, 20:39:06 »
BronzeEagle: I have actually started a campaign where a US MEU(SOC) is sent in to help the Chechen Rebels, so far I have completed three missions, and working on more. I use the USS Tarawa in the first mission only as decoration for when the 4 CH-53's, along with some AAV-7's, and Force Recon Marines in RIB's(Boy do I wish there were some UH-1N's, AH-1W
s, and CH-46E's). of a MEU(SOC) launch to insert forces and take by force the island on the lower left hand corner of the map. I like that island as the hills present good places for Ruskies to hide and attack the Capitalist Pigs(HAHA). Eventually I want to have the Americans link up with the Chechen Rebels and try to push the Ruskies out of Chechnya.

I am trying to limit the American forces early on in the campaign as a MEU(SOC) is only a reinforced battalion and reinforced squadron with the appropriate logistic forces. So the campaign will only see a platoon of M1's, a battery of artillery, only the 4 CH-53's, etc.

Man oh man I really need to learn how to make models and such so I can make some of the other stuff present in a MEU(SOC) like LCU's etc.

George

Homefry31464

« Reply #16 on: 05 Aug 2003, 20:44:40 »
Yes, but you have to be careful about having to download to many addons for your missions.  Put those missions in the beta-testing board so all the missions are as good as they can be.  The island does present opportunity for that scenario, very well actually.

AnotherAZguy

« Reply #17 on: 05 Aug 2003, 21:37:52 »
I would not mind making lite versions, medium versions and heavy versions of how many addons are required, I would just go in and replace units. Of course I would have to change the MEU(SOC) in the lite version to the type of operation that was conducted in 1995 when an aircraft carrier was used to transport elements of the 10th Mtn Div to Haiti.

George