Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: NEW FACE TO OFP  (Read 1562 times)

NS_Global_T

NEW FACE TO OFP
« on: 04 Jul 2003, 22:02:04 »
I would like see new things in OFP. I have been playing OFP everday.I am addicted,BAD! There are great missions out there and addons.BUT, what I would like to see is  different kinds of war,Cowboys and Indians, and Civil War, Urban warfare etc. Not to have just man, but beast,  (tigers,bulls, zombies,Jason,Freddy).Just think, your on your way to retake  a base  and your running through a field and a bull comes out of nowhere.That would be  MIND blowing or your in the jungle and you have more to worry about then just the enemy like a tiger or snakes? This game is wide open for improvements. If anybody is working on this or has worked on this. Please reply. I don't know how to make addons, but I am trying to learn, and this is the direction I want to take it in. There is no other game that has the same  game play, that OFP offers. So if anyone is interested, lets build a new game!! Thank you....[NS]Sgt_Global_T

max_killer_payne

Re:NEW FACE TO OFP
« Reply #1 on: 04 Jul 2003, 22:54:02 »
There was a huge discussion on making animals, but it seems that they're only possible by static form, as objects that make a sound occasionally.

NS_Global_T

« Reply #2 on: 04 Jul 2003, 23:09:53 »
well that sucks black hawk down has alligators in it and serious sam has  all kinds of  animals  don't know much how the engine work.it would be nice to see zombies come out after dark in this game LOL

bigdog632

« Reply #3 on: 08 Jul 2003, 01:23:47 »
neither of those games is as fun as this although DF series is a good stress reliever

redfox

« Reply #4 on: 19 Aug 2003, 21:36:54 »
Couldnt you just make a Civ person in to an animal (dog, horse, wolfs). Then add a  internal script that make it wonder and mabey find cover when scared. I think in theory you could do it. All you would need would be a 3d model and animations.

Mat Herben

« Reply #5 on: 19 Aug 2003, 23:20:52 »
The man is right!

I think it would be much cooler if for example, You and your mates are going to the enemy base in a blackhawk, When you suddenly get shot down above a jungle, While u manage to get down without getting wounded you see your mate with wounded legs, think of the fun when u suddenly see a alligator who chases you guys, While u can get yourself in safety you can see how your mate is getting eaten by the alligator, (Because he could only crawl so he got outrun by the gator)  ;D

I think it would seriously ups the fun factor in OFP, maybe something for Operation Flashpoint 2! :D

KyleSarnik

« Reply #6 on: 19 Aug 2003, 23:25:52 »
*checks magazine before boarding blackhawk*

Well at least i'll be prepared  ;)
« Last Edit: 19 Aug 2003, 23:27:29 by KyleSarnik »

Semith

« Reply #7 on: 20 Aug 2003, 01:07:00 »
I was thinking along the lines of Jurassic Park.  That would add another spooky element to OFP, with much more dangerous forests.  I love the idea of a natural danger to squads of infantry.  

Imagine Everon, with the northen airport being a safezone with everything else a danger area.  The farther south you go, the more problems there are.  I can just see a squad of infantry at their LZ getting slaughtered because their helicopter was 3 mins away.

bigdog632

« Reply #8 on: 20 Aug 2003, 05:30:49 »
there is a mission i played once its called nogova virus it is kinda similar to resident evil except very tiny only 4 people

and you dont come back as a zombie when ya die

Mat Herben

« Reply #9 on: 20 Aug 2003, 15:03:40 »
Just like Skye virus eh?

But anyhow, Animals/Creatures would aso decrease the boredom you get if you crashed your car/chopper and have to walk thousands of meters to get back to your safe base area, Think of it, In multiplayer games u look on the scoreboard and u see the following classes,
Infantry-Soft-Armor-Air-Players- And Animals, Wouldnt it be cool if you got chased by a lion ( Since OFP2 will play in Africa in some levels) and u scream for backup... While u run away u hear a blackhawk coming to help u and u see the chopper take out the lion with their machinegun, How cool would it be?

They really got to put Animal features in OFP2, They just got to! :)

bigdog632

« Reply #10 on: 23 Aug 2003, 04:18:03 »
if they make animals possible you could have trophy hunting missions like the redneck games only in south park.....
picture it.....
a calm serene morning....a deer grazing in the meadow......until and AT4 rips through its abdomen

Offline Batdog

• Members
  • OFPEC'S only rat. DAMN thats cool.
« Reply #11 on: 23 Aug 2003, 06:57:59 »
IF u read the book Black hawk down. Its got a bit where these somalian hide behind a cow.

A blackhawk rips overhead and blows the cows apart. That in OFP 2 would upgrade the gore but the relisum. KILLLER........    :wow:
"Why are you calling me brother."- Solid Snake
"I'm you. I'm your Shadow"-Liquid Snake

Mat Herben

« Reply #12 on: 23 Aug 2003, 19:45:10 »
Yes!! Good idea, not just lions and cows but also Somalians, Then it would complete the animal set in OFP!!! (LOL  ;D ;D ;D)

Damn, now I feel sorry for the cow who got blown apart in Mogadishu,   :'( :'(

But it would be cool if Soldier had their arms and legs come off, ( They say it isnt practical because u are stuck if u lose a leg and arms, But u could bleed to death after say 5 minutes, Even a medic couldnt help u ) Picture the fact, that u are on a high mountain, and u see an East UAZ driving trough a deserted area, U decide to shoot his tires untill his car comes to a complete stop, The soldier has got no choice but to get out and run towards safety, ( Seeing as there is still a sniper who could blow his brains out in the vehicle, :) ) While u look through your snipe rifle, U see a lion running after him, which catches on too him, U can see his arms and legs, and maybe even his head fly in the air, :D Imagine the coolness of that,

I would just cry of such fantastic gameplay if they put it in, ;D :D , And for the people who don't like animals, U could turn the option off,  :D

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #13 on: 23 Aug 2003, 19:49:54 »
and also...poisonous animals like snakes or scorpions, if you get bit/stung, you have a limited time to get to a medic , if you dont, first you lose the use of your legs, so you have to crawl, then your arms and your aiming goes and then finally wierd blurred vision untill you finally black out and die , would make jungle missions just that little bit more atmospheric and hard

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #14 on: 23 Aug 2003, 19:51:50 »
Maybe this has gone a little out of hand?
What if we include carrion birds that come and sit on the dead bodies!?!

It has to stop somewhere. I'm all for a more living environment in games, be it livestock, birds and such. Certain animals and wildlife that is implemented would help to raise the atmosphere and realism factor, but some things like Man-eating Lionsâ„¢ etc. is just too much.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Mr_Shady

« Reply #15 on: 23 Aug 2003, 20:41:22 »
It'd be nice to have little touches like flocks of birds, but if you're charging through the woods in the middle of a firefight, cracking rounds off in all directions, I doubt that a... I dunno, panther's going to leap down from the trees and tear your face off. Either because animals get a bit spooked when they hear loud noises like gunshots, or because Everon's hardly Panther country...

Mat Herben

« Reply #16 on: 24 Aug 2003, 00:17:54 »
Lol, I wasnt talking about Everon, I meant the Africa stage in Operation Flashpoint 2,

Mr_Shady

« Reply #17 on: 24 Aug 2003, 01:40:48 »
Lions don't actually do the hunting. Lionesses do all the hard work like hunting and all that, while the men-lions just concern themselves with sleeping, scoffing and sha- uh, making little lions  :-[

But seriously, none of this is really possible in OFP, and I seriously doubt OFP2 will be the major leap forward that everyone thinks in term of engine capabilities.