Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Link color  (Read 3795 times)

Offline Garcia

• Members
  • Leeds United is the best football team...EVER!
Re:Link color
« Reply #15 on: 02 Jul 2003, 15:08:01 »
hmm...gotta be sooo boooring with only black and white :o :-\

Garcia :P

Arrouan

« Reply #16 on: 02 Jul 2003, 15:34:06 »
There is nothing wrong with my monitor (plain old CRT screen, was set up with one of those "increase the contrast when the red square bla-blah" - tools).
The link color is just difficult to read when a link consists of a small word like "this" or "staff" ...

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #17 on: 02 Jul 2003, 23:13:22 »
lol @ kTootsie for that bunch of info.  :o ;D U never know where ofpec can take ya. ;D

:D ok, Arrouan, so we took it away & started to talk about the borders while you just meant
those highlited words/names - fair enough, I can't see them either which is probably why I hardly ever use 'em.  :-X ::) colorblind or not.  :)

ah well, tomb sealed.

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFP Editing Center Toad
    • toadlife.net
« Reply #18 on: 03 Jul 2003, 00:03:01 »
There are different kinds of colour blindness.

There's the most common one:
Red/Green, people confuse the two, blend them both into brown or a
combination.
(Variations on this can include any two colours and give the same effect)

Which is why I think color blindness would make the link I posted of picture of earlier very hard to see. I used to have a  roommate who was color blind and couldn't tell the difference between red and brown. Now look at that picture I posted - Dark reddish-brown text over a brown bar.  :o

Since multiple people are experiencing the same problem with LCD screens, I would have to agree that that is most likely the problem.  If I ever have time, I can try and tweak the style sheet a bit to make sure there is more contrast between text and their backgrouds.
 :-*
"Whenever you want information on the 'net, don't ask a question; just post a wrong answer." -- Cancer Omega.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #19 on: 03 Jul 2003, 01:53:28 »
Hmmmm...........I don't really understand what the problem is here.

The link is perfectly readable if you remove the mouse pointer from it, it then becomes white text on brown.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #20 on: 03 Jul 2003, 03:52:10 »
...color blindness would make the link I posted of picture of earlier very hard to see.

The prob. with this site's interface, the color scheme (in general), is that everybody knows
that not everybody have perfectly balanced screens/monitors back home! And thus when making a site - you'd be one mean (or ignorant?) webdesigner if you chose to mix/use colors which are closely related. Links are meant to be highlighted AND clicked on, and thus its pretty stupid to "hide" a link by painting it in the same color as its background!  ::)

And on a bad monitor, redbrown lightbrown and brown and darkred are more or less the same.

It's simply plain basic amateur-webdesigner knowledge that you DON'T choose similar colors but choose contrary colors (is it called that?) when you set up links, borders and background/foreground stuff.
The ofpec color scheme is relaxed & laid back and all that, with its brownish poo-poo colors, but it is NOT a user friendly interface (as a brownish whole).

Some of the various depots colors are better, not neccesarily prettier but more userfriendly.  :)

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFP Editing Center Toad
    • toadlife.net
« Reply #21 on: 03 Jul 2003, 09:44:54 »
Ok. I fixed the newspost link hover color. Any more areas of the front page or ed depot that have unfriednly color schemes? ;D
"Whenever you want information on the 'net, don't ask a question; just post a wrong answer." -- Cancer Omega.

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #22 on: 03 Jul 2003, 21:55:14 »

:D howsabout getting rid of this:

The OFPEC server will be taken down from Saturday the 5:th of July, 20:00 GMT
to Monday the 7:th of July , 08:00 GMT for mainentance work.

;D :'( ;D :'( ;D

:noo: