Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Cruisers n Big ol Battleships  (Read 7963 times)

Mr_Shady

Re:Cruisers n Big ol Battleships
« Reply #75 on: 25 Jun 2003, 00:22:55 »
Yup, a beta version of HMS Hermes has been released. Nice tub she is too.

Offline CBFASI

• Contributing Member
  • Endure All
    • CBFASI's Homepage
« Reply #76 on: 25 Jun 2003, 01:28:02 »
I confirm that 'tub' is released.. Search back, I myself cant reermber the post but its in this forum somewhere, search for 'Hermes'

All my larger ships will receive this style of construction, the smaller ships of 100m and less will also likely be done as a standard ship with the ability to move, but with the restrictions that also come with it.

Heres an interesting co-incidence...

The Royal Navy's latest carrier is going to be built in the SAME WAY, ie in independant blocks that they will then join together, partlyl because we dont have a single naval yard big enough to build as a whole from the keel.
CBF Shipbuilding

rancor_man67

« Reply #77 on: 25 Jun 2003, 01:33:59 »
You would think that that would be a little weak then??? One explosion and it would split in 3!!

rancor.

p00_p00

« Reply #78 on: 25 Jun 2003, 08:56:53 »
1) Well sorry for my "sarcasm", but its true fact about the Ittalians. Im sorry if Itallians in general thought I was calling them facist, but my comment was against the specific MP who made the actual comment.

2) What do u mean that Shells have no propulsion???
They need to fly, and so dont they get propelled by a big cannon?
Besides that - they are very inaccurate, need to be fairly close compared to missiles and are mainly used to take out stationary units. Most armoured units will be on the move, and Trench warfare hasnt really been used since WWII.......

Mr_Shady

« Reply #79 on: 25 Jun 2003, 22:51:38 »
Well mate, since POLWAR got removed, OFPEC is no place for politics. I'm no lover of the Italians (then again I don't like anybody  ;)), but still, there's a time and a place, and this isn't it.

On the shells thing, I think we can safely say that shells, missiles and planes are all good at turning living, breathing people into dead people pretty quickly.

swift88

« Reply #80 on: 28 Jun 2003, 22:25:44 »
this is an update on my cargo ship