Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: SEB Special Forces UH-1H released.  (Read 10027 times)

Wires

Re:SEB Special Forces UH-1H released.
« Reply #45 on: 07 Sep 2002, 03:18:32 »
I like the current sound, it's fine. The MTY Huey sound was way too annoying with the radio chatter, and the radio was ridiculously loud, like it was broadcast from the chopper with a loudspeaker or something.

I can't agree with ST about the commander. ST is basically saying that the commanders are useless, so why have them in tanks? APC? etc. The commander would be able to survey the battlefield unhindered and the pilot could get on with flying' the chopper. Also if the pilot died it could be scripted that the commander moved into the pilot position so he could take over flying. I think a commander is a great idea. The extra gunner however really does serve no purpose and would probably have to be added as cargo.

Wires

Donnervogel

« Reply #46 on: 07 Sep 2002, 15:16:38 »
I found out that the sound problems disappear when I disable audio hardware accelaration. But I don't habe any sound problems with other vehicels or sounds in OFP.
« Last Edit: 07 Sep 2002, 16:08:28 by Donnervogel »

Eviscerator

« Reply #47 on: 07 Sep 2002, 15:51:49 »
commanders in choppers dont work very well at all, they cant tell the pilot what to do as he cant give him directions, the pilot doesnt understand 'fast/slow/reverse' and just spins around, it would only be useful for mp

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #48 on: 07 Sep 2002, 15:56:04 »
Would it be possible to have the option "move in commander" for MP, but not have a crew member when the heli is placed in the editor.

So it was like an empty seat, that you CAN get into.

?

STT, ebud - anyone?

Eviscerator

« Reply #49 on: 07 Sep 2002, 16:06:27 »
nope, if you make it possible for a player to sit there as commander then the ai will always be there

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #50 on: 07 Sep 2002, 16:25:57 »
that sucks, oh well, it was just a thought.

T.S.C.Plage

« Reply #51 on: 07 Sep 2002, 22:55:42 »
That's not true! You can put a gamelogic at the copilots seat. ;)

But that's only something for freaks...

Greetz
Plage

« Last Edit: 07 Sep 2002, 22:55:58 by T.S.C.Plage »

SEAL84

« Reply #52 on: 07 Sep 2002, 23:32:08 »
Okay two things on the sound:

1.  Not all of Martin's choppers have the radio sound.  If I remember right his Medevac Huey does not have overlaid radio chatter.

2.  I'm a happy camper now because over in the addons and mods board of the official forums, someone posted Martin's Huey sound, sans radio, named so that you can switch it into the UH1H.  I depbo'd the file, took out the engine sound, and put in the new one with the same name, then pbo'd it up again.  The chopper is absolutely perfecto now.  I don't ever use the landing lights so I don't really care ;D

Here's the link:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard301/ikonboard.cgi?s=3d7a61056394ffff;act=ST;f=4;t=18505;st=0

Offline Nixer6

• Members
« Reply #53 on: 08 Sep 2002, 00:37:01 »
The sound is ok by me as is. If you ride INSIDE a helo (a real one :) ) The mechanical sound is louder than the blade noise!

Even with doors open, BTDT

I like it ;D
Why do I have to be a Rocket Scientist to make a good mission?

T.S.C.Plage

« Reply #54 on: 08 Sep 2002, 03:17:24 »
Yeah you're right but for ppl around it sounds not very "real".

Maybe there is a solution between both sounds!?!

Greetz
Plage
« Last Edit: 08 Sep 2002, 03:17:49 by T.S.C.Plage »

Cpt. Robertson

« Reply #55 on: 08 Sep 2002, 19:45:06 »
How about this one:-
http://www.mars-command.fsnet.co.uk/Huey_Loop.wav

There's a higher quality version of it that lasts for about 8 seconds, just send me an ICQ/E-mail/Personal Message and I'll send it across, but I usually find that the looping, mono one I've posted a link to here usually sounds okay in-game.

Enjoy. ;)

EX_GRUNT

« Reply #56 on: 10 Sep 2002, 03:34:13 »
I dunno,

I've sat in many a Huey and they all sounded the same to me...Loud and like a friggen helo. I also like the fact that you  can hear the blades much more then the M.G.
clatter ( very realistic, good job dude! ). :thumbsup:

.........................:cheers: GRUNT.....................................

Duff

« Reply #57 on: 14 Sep 2002, 02:06:31 »
to Capt. Robertson:

i had that sound in my sound data base from all the flight sim-ing i do. i installed that sound into his chopper. based on my preference, it's the one that fit the best.

Cpt. Robertson

« Reply #58 on: 14 Sep 2002, 04:24:47 »
Well spotted Duff!! ;)

It's the sounds taken from the FS2002 Bell UH-1H Huey By Jordan Moore.

The sounds included were created by Manuel Gonzalez, who in turn took those high quality recordings from a real-life Bell 212 (Civilian Designation for one of the UH-1 Huey series).

The sounds are 100% Freeware, but the readme file states that if anyone wants to use them in an addon and re-distribute it 'etc', due credit should be given to the author, or at least include his name in the readme file, lol ;)

But I have to agree with you Duff, they're pretty d@mn good and I've used them myself for the Special Forces UH-1H. ;)

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
« Reply #59 on: 14 Sep 2002, 05:46:30 »
Just tried that sound, not bad at all.

The only issue would be that the 212 had two engines so the turbine sound might be different from a single engine huey. It still used the 2 rotor system so that part fits in quite well...

Overall ...I like this sound :) Thanks Capt Robertson!

And I will put a note crediting Manuel Gonzalez in the readme files if I decide to use it.

SelectThis