Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: anti respawnkill script  (Read 974 times)

Jeromez

anti respawnkill script
« on: 13 Feb 2003, 15:50:54 »
Hi all

at the moment I use this script to protect the respawn area in my MP maps:

? !(local Server):exit
_victim = _this select 0
_killer = _this select 1

? (_victim in list eastlist && side _killer == WEST):goto "westwarning"
? (_victim in list westlist && side _killer == EAST):goto "eastwarning"
exit

#westwarning
westW = hint format ["Warning!\n%1 (EAST) killed in Russian safezone by %2 (WEST)\nTime: %3",name _victim,name _killer,daytime]
publicvariable "westW"
_killer setdammage 1
exit

#eastwarning
eastW = hint format ["Warning!\n%1 (WEST) killed in NATO safezone by %2 (EAST)\nTime: %3",name _victim,name _killer,daytime]
publicvariable "eastW"
_killer setdammage 1
exit

It is a very nice script. But the teams have a possibility to stay in their spawn area and be protected by this script.

I was wondering if it is possible to set this script or another script so that your team has to leave the respawn area within a certain timelimit. Lets say 5 min. Does anyone know more about this?

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: 13 Feb 2003, 17:46:55 by Jeromez »

mcnils

Re:anti respawnkill script
« Reply #1 on: 14 Feb 2003, 04:36:27 »

No i dont know, and your system seems just ok.
this is only a personal opinion, but respawn should be a safe zone, always.
If players want to put on a camp in the respawn zone and just wait inside cuz they feel more secure there (lol), first, they are cowards ok, but second, they will loose the game because they will let all the time to take the flag at the other team, got me?

Jeromez

« Reply #2 on: 18 Feb 2003, 15:02:13 »
fully understood  ;D

Tania

« Reply #3 on: 01 Jun 2003, 00:21:48 »
this anti respawn kill script.what do i call it so it works in game.what file does it go under?becuase im a noob? :-X :'(

Offline Platoon Patton

• Members
  • "Barbecue" CreateVehicle getpos LLama
« Reply #4 on: 07 Jun 2003, 14:20:08 »
What we see more and more are ppl who scan the battlefield in the safezone,if they spot some1 they step out and shoot him and then turn back in safezone :-\

Because of the penalty u get when u shoot a player in his safezone( 5 min jailtime),this is a very unsportive way of acting,but some clans constantly search rules-weaknesses to achieve victory  ::)

Maybe once u stepped out of safezone,this border should become an outerborder so u cant go back in it.(Or maybe a time based healt decreasing system,-0.1 Damage each second u stay...)

http://www.platoon-clan.com/ We always wellcome dedicated OFP players :)

http://www.european-combat-league.com/index.php To play with us in the best OFP league ;)