Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Cycle command  (Read 503 times)

gothicv

Cycle command
« on: 06 Jun 2003, 01:03:42 »
Hey.
   I think that I figured out the cycle command, it basically means that you can make the last waypoint of a unit go back to the first and repeat in a loop, right? So therrefore this would be good to make patrol routes and such. Am I correct in this assumption? My only test was a black ops running around in a small square until I put him out of his misery w/ a grenade.

Actually, that was my only test however I also made a jeep that slowly drove through the backroads of this city and joined in the ride.. sure enough, he looped.

A tank I made driving around the town on a road that circles the city also looped...

The problem I'm having is this group of spetz natz I placed... they get in a car, drive a block, get out, search all the local houses, get in, drive another block, search the houses etc... all the way around town. At the end (which is back at the beginning) they leap out and just stand there...

so my question is, ne1 know what I did wrong, or do I have the "cycle" command totally conused?

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Re:Cycle command
« Reply #1 on: 06 Jun 2003, 01:10:42 »
da Q is (nd i realy dont know but i think da answer is not ::))

do dey repeat also get in WPs ?

also - is da car is in da same pos da repeated get in WPs is in ???

but im realy not sure ;)

think ur bewst bet is 2 script dat nd use loops 2 start da same thin again

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #2 on: 06 Jun 2003, 09:43:54 »
Yes, you are right .... but as LCD says it sounds like you are missing a getin waypoint in that particular case.

When a group has cycle as its next waypoint they actually go to the waypoint nearest the cycle one.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

gothicv

« Reply #3 on: 06 Jun 2003, 20:00:29 »
ahh, that's my problem right there. Thanks, should work perfectly now.