Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Why doesn't work this on a dedi??  (Read 1080 times)

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
Why doesn't work this on a dedi??
« on: 02 Jun 2003, 23:33:00 »
Hello,

I've modified a MP CTF mission Valley Fight. (with permission) Mission was made by [MDS] clan.

I've tried to change/add this:

- When the flag got captured by EAST or WEST, a marker appears on the map that follows that flagcapper during the next two minutes. After the two minutes the marker disappear. Some kind of tracking device with a backwards-counter for the last 100 seconds...

The problem:

Everything works in the editor and also when I export it to MP . But when my betatesters run the mission on their dedicated server they've got an error (Error, no vehicle)
This happens when the flag got captured for the second time. The marker doesn't work either. After that nothing works anymore, You aren't able to capture the flag anymore..

Is there someone here who can take a look at this great mission and fix this? Off course I put you in the credits  ;)

I modified the Westflag.sqs & the Eastflag.sqs and some triggers.
I've made a lot of SP missions (posted only two, tho) but I'm new to MP-editing.

Please HELP me.

**edit**

The mission is in Pbo-format cos in open source it was to big to attach it here (I don't have webspace)
Sorry, you need a UNpbo tool first to take a peek...

Search or search or search before you ask.

Offline benreeper

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Re:Why doesn't work this on a dedi??
« Reply #1 on: 06 Jun 2003, 00:10:22 »
One of the problems is that scripts only affect the computer that they are running on.  Those on a dedi server will have no affect on a client machine and vice versa.

You can only communicate on the network with the PublicVariable.  Also I believe the "Create" command is replicated automatically.

Ben

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
Re:Why doesn't work this on a dedi??
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jun 2003, 22:16:46 »
Thx4reply. Benreeper

Do I need a publicvariable for the Flagrunner (East or west)?

Search or search or search before you ask.