Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Various birds  (Read 1091 times)

Offline lendrom

• Members
Various birds
« on: 19 May 2003, 20:13:32 »
Has anyone thought about retexturing birds originally included in OFP? It could be a cool thing to have crows circling over a battlefield waiting for lunch ;) I can think of some tropical birds for NAM missions. Everyone who played Seals in Nam ep. 4 mission will admit that it is greate expansion for OFP - you silently aproche enemy positions and suddenly a pair of seagulls take off screaming and making your heart stop beating... :o
Blessed are those who have nothing to say and yet they remain silent.

bigdog632

Re:Various birds
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2003, 22:12:34 »
i think it would add lag that is not needed unless ya can go duck hunting witht he shotguns

Vyper

« Reply #2 on: 20 May 2003, 14:28:31 »
The onbly good thing about having birds in games would be if your sidearm could be bread mixed with baking soda...then the birds would explode and you could use them as grenades.....

Offline Maatz

• Members
  • What are you lookin' at?
« Reply #3 on: 20 May 2003, 14:33:42 »
i think it would be cool, cause then ofp becomes more realistic!

bigdog632

« Reply #4 on: 21 May 2003, 04:36:54 »
true it would
but it would also be needless lag that there is already enough of

Offline lendrom

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 21 May 2003, 21:01:45 »
I don't  think i would lag too much!  :P If you played sesls in nam ep4 mission you know that it's very procesor-friendly mission :) What lag could it add if you place for example two birds (it's just two additonal obiects - it's nothing for ofp engine) circling over a battlefield (you can delete them from the script if they are too far from the player)? And think about the rise of gameplay!
Blessed are those who have nothing to say and yet they remain silent.

bigdog632

« Reply #6 on: 21 May 2003, 22:02:19 »
if guns were going off do you think the birds would stick around?

sure i doubt a small group of fleeing birds would cause to much of a hit on the ol processor
but in the nam missions ive played those stinking guns are so innaccurate send out some noobs and youll have a  lot of gulls flying overhead fast anyway 8)

bmgarcangel

« Reply #7 on: 29 May 2003, 06:26:56 »
Hey birds would be cool dude,

You know if you are worried about lag get a better computer.  Birds, would make it alot more realistic, you are a back ops soldier sneaking through some woods when all the sudden this fat chubby bird flys out of a bush and takes your breath away or say a group doves flying over giving you a brush of hope

Josef

« Reply #8 on: 05 Jun 2003, 12:12:57 »
YES!

Or you bhave to hide from Sarumans evil crows of dunnland!