Patch 1.03 for ArmA2 is less than one week away, according to a statement made by Bohemia Interactive's Community Manager Placebo at the BI Forums today. The promised release comes with a disclaimer though:
"Fingers crossed it'll be less than a week away, less than a few days away, but you know how sometimes unexpected things crop up so right now we can't say 'oh it will absolutely be within 2 days' or something like that, as if it slips we get lynched again."
Previously Placebo and Bohemia Interactive's CEO Marek Spanel have stated that Patch 1.03 will contain the following bug fixes:
• Improved airplane HUD visibility
• Direct analogue throttle and brake for airplanes now available
• Optimization: Reduced frame stutter near map borders
• Sea surface was not rendered in NE area out of map
• Terrain surface was sometimes using wrong parallax map
• Grenade can destroy a building just by impact
• Radio echo elimination
• Team switch did not work when player died
• More flexible configuration of Flares in the config (brightness, size)
• Reduced AI detecting slowly moving enemy vehicles by ear
• Prevent killed units reporting who killed them
According to recent updates in the Biki, the developers have also been working on fixes for the First Aid module and better documentation for the editor while working on the 1.03 patch. There will also be a fix for the dreaded "Receiving" bug in MP and numerous campaign fixes.