Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Wrecked aircraft  (Read 2175 times)

SEAL84

Wrecked aircraft
« on: 01 Sep 2002, 20:35:37 »
This came up a few times in the Nam pack thread...but the Nam team decided not to include due to download size restrictions.

We could really use some static wrecks.  For example, broken-up aircraft and big chunks of debris.  This would be great to put down as a real crash site, rather than blow up one of the existing aircraft and place it that way.  

Of course it would need O2 and textures...so I have my doubts if anyone wants to take all that time on wrecks....but it would be very cool if someone did.

DeadMeatXM2

Re:Wrecked aircraft
« Reply #1 on: 01 Sep 2002, 21:24:45 »
This would be one of the best new addons - as i have said elsewhere it opens up HUGE oppertunities for mission makers with SAR/CSAR and it adds a great piece of eyecandy - see this thread - http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=12;action=display;threadid=794

Dirtman

« Reply #2 on: 02 Sep 2002, 06:09:47 »
I suggested it a while back at the Nam pack.  The stock planes and such set to dammage 1 just don't cut it.  Looks to strange and fake.  Come on you O2 mod makers.  So us what you got.

:help:
« Last Edit: 02 Sep 2002, 15:54:11 by Dirtman »

Wires

« Reply #3 on: 02 Sep 2002, 11:58:46 »
Piles of rubble big and small (with areas to walk/hide on) and buildings with holes blown out would be great.

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #4 on: 02 Sep 2002, 12:58:04 »
setdammage 4? eh? ofp units go from 0-1, setdammage 4 is and urban legend - we have loads of them.

buildings with holes in - ever looked around kolgujev?  ;)

and at Lost Brothers i am creating sniper heaven type buildings, rubble heaps, large debris fields etc...
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

RT

« Reply #5 on: 02 Sep 2002, 15:48:28 »
I can just see it now... a mashed up base and a lonely AH1 in a hanger ready to take on the world! :gunman: :noo:

ZIKAN

« Reply #6 on: 02 Sep 2002, 17:03:57 »
What about some comercial aircraft that has been wrecked? which you could put on an airfield , like trashed 747's and smaller jets. You see this type of thing on the news often in countries savaged by war.

Wires

« Reply #7 on: 03 Sep 2002, 14:15:10 »
That's a great idea, someone should do a pack with some downed aircraft for each side. As was said earlier this would open up a whole new set of missions that can be done right  :) not with dodgy setdammage.

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #8 on: 03 Sep 2002, 17:03:06 »
Yeah, a "Downed Aircraft Pack" would be cool, it could contain versions of all the game a/c plus others like hueys, small light a/c and some big bombers - b-52 etc

Anyone willing to take up the challenge?

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #9 on: 03 Sep 2002, 17:03:24 »
Yeah, a "Downed Aircraft Pack" would be cool, it could contain versions of all the game a/c plus others like hueys, small light a/c and some big bombers - b-52 etc

Anyone willing to take up the challenge?

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #10 on: 03 Sep 2002, 19:43:22 »
hmmmmm

just thinking what stt could do with the new version of Ia Trang...

there must be some high profile downed aircraft in Vietnam (the war) and so some1 could make the downed aircraft and debris and stt could make a felled area of jungle with burnt trees and scorched ground - would look awesome.
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion