Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Updates?  (Read 4528 times)

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Re:Updates?
« Reply #15 on: 05 Mar 2003, 10:37:14 »
it takes months 2 make mision and den til som1 tests it  :o ive got misions bout month in beta and only 1 tester repling so it takes realy long time 2 release misions dere should b som call around 4 ppl 2 beta test misions - or dere wil b almost no new good mision  :-\  :-X

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

asmodeus

« Reply #16 on: 05 Mar 2003, 12:36:45 »
Yes...  Good missions simply can't be made without good beta testing..  

It's like making a car... There's so many parts that can go wrong, you've gotta test drive it and make sure everyone that drives it in their own "style" is able to drive as it was meant to drive...

::)  

And the mission reviewers will be much happier if they play beta tested missions!   ;D   8)

Asmo  

Bronski

« Reply #17 on: 06 Mar 2003, 04:03:20 »
Obviously many missions are not posted in the beta testing section of the forums and ones that do not play very well delay the review and release of missions which have been tested and are quite good.  

Since that probably happens why not have a pending section for the missions?  Maybe just have a few for download.  It would help the reviewers save time because they wouldn't have to mess with buggy, untested missions.

Another advantage would be the author could get some feedback (that is if they haven't taken the time to get it tested beforehand).  It would also give players something to tide them over while the other missions are reviewed.

Anyway, its just a thought.

SpecOpWarrior

« Reply #18 on: 06 Mar 2003, 20:42:27 »
With more people, alot can be done...

Sadly not too many people are very exited with Mission Reviewing...

I am looking for a writing carrer, and by me having a writing backround, Reviewing for web sites is a grade A start

Ace

« Reply #19 on: 06 Mar 2003, 22:51:05 »
I am looking for a writing carrer, and by me having a writing backround, Reviewing for web sites is a grade A start

Exactly what I want to do

Bronski

« Reply #20 on: 07 Mar 2003, 22:03:30 »
I am going into journalism/writing as well.

Anyway, I was looking in the mission depot and i think they have some very old missions submitted.  (I sorted the single player missions by submission date and in ascending order)

SFG

« Reply #21 on: 08 Mar 2003, 03:21:50 »
I am going into journalism/writing as well.

Anyway, I was looking in the mission depot and i think they have some very old missions submitted.  (I sorted the single player missions by submission date and in ascending order)

lol that must be a bug..

Bronski

« Reply #22 on: 08 Mar 2003, 04:01:23 »
A bug or OPEC has mastered time travel.  I wouldn't put it above you guys......

Anmac

« Reply #23 on: 08 Mar 2003, 05:34:50 »
*arranges a hit on Bronski*

Time travel... what time travel.

*he knows too much...*

8)

Bronski

« Reply #24 on: 08 Mar 2003, 07:34:38 »
Is there a specific time (or period of time) the mission depot is updated (that is when there are missions to be posted)?  Or is it updated whenever something is finished?

*swats at red dot on shirt*

Anmac

« Reply #25 on: 08 Mar 2003, 07:39:05 »
New reviews are posted once completed.

;)

Offline Kuro

• Former Staff
  • 2./FschJgBtl 251 Green Devils
    • VBS2 Mission Download Site
« Reply #26 on: 18 Mar 2003, 09:02:26 »
Hallo,

Some more statics from the mission depot. At the moment there are only

18 SP missions left which are not picked by a reviewer.
All the others have a reviewer testing it or have some issues (like unclear AddOn list and the author is contacted)

Therefore i have good hopes to be back on the track end of May.

Greetings
Kuro

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #27 on: 18 Mar 2003, 16:19:13 »
OK, so Wolfsbane said I had a CHANCE of review. So I signed up for a week ago and I havenÂ't got an answer yet... How long is this going to take, a month? If you donÂ't want me then please send me an IM so I donÂ't throw up of excitement every time I get an IM. :-\

Offline Kuro

• Former Staff
  • 2./FschJgBtl 251 Green Devils
    • VBS2 Mission Download Site
« Reply #28 on: 30 Jun 2003, 08:35:06 »
Hello,

some statistics from the mission depot. At the moment there are only

13 SP missions left which are not picked by a reviewer.
All the others have a reviewer testing them or have some issues (like unclear AddOn list and/or the author is contacted).

Although we (the reviewers) did 20 Reviews this month. So i think the Mission Depot is quite back and alive. Of course if we are faster it would be better.

Greetings
Kuro