Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Dialogs Qs  (Read 1061 times)

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Dialogs Qs
« on: 09 Jan 2003, 02:35:23 »
i have 3 questions about dialogs  ;D - im stil beginer to dialogs all i did till now was reading da TUT

1) can i change da satelite script dat Vektorboson made but not like he did - i want all da satelite to show inside laptop screen (da script uses da whole screen) so it looks more realistic ;) - how do i do dat ?

2) can i make som kind of passowerd thingy using dialogs ? (defining code from da start, and the player have2 type the same thing - so its like comparing scripts) and how i do this ?

3) if i wanna use costum models in da mision, can i put em in da mision pbo and not make addon uses em ?

tia

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Gameer_77

Re:Dialogs Qs
« Reply #1 on: 09 Jan 2003, 13:52:05 »
1. No  ;)

2. Yes, try making a text box then using 'ctrltext' command to compare it to another variable.

3. No, gotta be addon  ;D

P.S What's this for?

Gameer

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #2 on: 09 Jan 2003, 20:36:12 »
1. damn - ny1 wid beter answer ;)

2. ill try dat

3. c answer 1

re PS - ill IM u bout it but every1 should know da im makin som kickass mision dat wil have extended dialog use ;) ;D

LCD OUT

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 09 Jan 2003, 21:42:57 »
Right, let me see if I got this straight.

1) You want to use the laptop p3d model instead of whatever Vektorboson used? And display the cutscene script in there?
Well, as soon as I make it work, I'll let you know, this is something that's buggered me as well.
Sorry mate, there could be work-arounds though. Like taking a screenshot of the laptop, cutting a hole in the center, and use the ST_PICTURE style to place it on the screen, and then run the cutscene script as normal.

2) This should be easy enough, have a script that keeps track of the password, let's say in the variable called coolPassword then use ctrlText like Gameer said, and compare that to coolPassword, like so

getPassword = ctrlText idcOfEditField

?(getPassword == coolPassword) : do Cool Stuff
?(getPassword != coolPassword) : ctrlSetText sameIdcNumber "Wrong password"

or somesuch, I'm sure you'll work something out.

3) Almost. Just make a p3d, put it in a pbo, and put it in the addon folder. I think that's how Kegetys did it. I talked to him and he said you didn't need any config.cpp. Just the right selection names for the dialog item.
I suggest checking out the notepad.p3d item from the demo, as it can be used in dialogs. Copy the selections from there.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #4 on: 09 Jan 2003, 22:00:37 »
tanks KTotte  :-*

ill try it  ;) ;D

Re 3) - i know bout dat  ;) ;D just wanted 2 know if dere is anyway 2 make it work trough model from da mission.pbo - cuz it can get annoing 2 have 2 include anoder addon wen u use 3-6 addons xept it (I *heart* Addons ;))

LCD OUT

Gameer_77

« Reply #5 on: 10 Jan 2003, 13:04:28 »
Mebbe you could try using an alpha channel on the notepad? :-\

Gameer