Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: USAF "PJ's" - Beta Oxygen Shots  (Read 6552 times)

registered_fugitiv

Re:USAF "PJ's" - Beta Oxygen Shots
« Reply #15 on: 03 Dec 2002, 22:05:45 »
hey with the rangers its understandable to not cover up there faces u cant see them anyways

but i think as ferret fangs said they should have sjbs rather then flipers seeing theve got scopes and stuff like that

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #16 on: 04 Dec 2002, 03:59:06 »
82nd Airbourne and the Rangers aren't exactly Special Forces - they're elite infantry units - much like the British Parachute Regeiment. I find that woodland camo on the weapons doesn't work as well as desert.

Actually the US army Rangers do fall under the US SOCOM so that makes them Special Ops, the 82 airbourne is just airBorne Infantry and the 101st is an Air assault Div. with Choppers and other airborne units

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #17 on: 04 Dec 2002, 05:55:51 »
yea well as u can see the time i just missed u saying that and dont u ever say rangers are not special forces. they are  considered to be somewhere on the worlds top 5 special forces list. back in Operation Restore Hope do u think they would of been working with delta and task force 160 if they were not special forces.
all this talking of rangers reminds me of sumthing
Punker how are those rangers going??
« Last Edit: 04 Dec 2002, 06:05:39 by registered_fugitiv »

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #18 on: 04 Dec 2002, 06:01:04 »
They're Goin Good, Check out the No Bed Roll Soldier Thread for some In game Pics I have  at the Moment, Before I'm Done, I'll Have Radio Guys, Medics, and Maybe some Suprises  ;)

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #19 on: 04 Dec 2002, 11:43:48 »
FerretFangs:
As for the helmets - they're based on what they would wear in a combat situation - actual ProTech helmets as quoted by a number of websites. Boonies/caps/wolly hats will be availible depending on the operator and weapon load. 82nd Airbourne and the Rangers aren't exactly Special Forces - they're elite infantry units - much like the British Parachute Regeiment. I find that woodland camo on the weapons doesn't work as well as desert.

Yeah I knew all this as well... Thats a post I got from someone else months ago- way before the latest resurection of OFPEC. We had an entire thread like eight pages long devoted to getting PJ's in-game. I've also had this discussion in one of the more current BAS threads.
You know, BAS intends to release an AFSOC pack w/weapons based on Flipers M4's also, soonish like. I think Frandsen is doing them... Theres pics somewhere of them. Anyway, they might be a pretty good source of info, or maybe even could colaborate?

The Edge

« Reply #20 on: 04 Dec 2002, 12:52:35 »
Crisp-

www.trijicon.com

The Reflex sight uses either a dot or triangle, amber in color.

registered_fugitiv-

Rangers are spec-ops *capable*, but are first and foremost light infantry--one of the best in the world.

MrCrispPacketII

« Reply #21 on: 04 Dec 2002, 19:48:47 »
Just to clear this up, before ppl start having a go:

"Rangers are spec-ops *capable*, but are first and foremost light infantry--one of the best in the world."

This is what I meant. When i said they aren't special ops i meant that they don't go doing the kind of covert shite that Delta and DevGrp do so therefore there's no reason for them to have blacked out faces. Its for security reasons obviously but theres no point with the Rangers (or the 82nd Airbourne) -when they go around Ft Benning weraing combat fatigues and black berets - its hardly a clandestine special ops unit which needs to keep its members identites secret.

Anyway, from what i read BAS plan to release some SOPMOD's with the Delta units but not sepcifically an AFSOC pack - anyway i'll see how mine turn out first and let you jusdge - they're shaping up nicely.

I've got the basic CCT done with patrol cap and changed backpack - not much point him carrying around a medical pack. Screenshots at the weekend hopefully.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #22 on: 08 Dec 2002, 00:30:30 »
Any More Info yet?

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #23 on: 15 Dec 2002, 08:09:03 »
MrCrispPacketII where are you?  ???

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #24 on: 15 Dec 2002, 13:20:01 »
yea its been awhile im really looking foward to your awesome models update please
« Last Edit: 15 Dec 2002, 13:24:11 by registered_fugitiv »

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #25 on: 30 Dec 2002, 18:27:54 »
I'm sure I'm not the only one here who is wondering how the PJs are going, it's been awhile since you gave us any Updates  ??? are you still there?

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #26 on: 30 Dec 2002, 20:45:41 »
well maybe he left us or maybe he died its all ur fault (not directed at anyone)

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #27 on: 31 Dec 2002, 19:40:49 »
Patience my children, BAS's PJ's will save us. Someday...

Snake

« Reply #28 on: 31 Dec 2002, 20:34:33 »
 ::) What BAS PJ's? myself and the rest of the team don't have a clue what your talking about?

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #29 on: 31 Dec 2002, 21:01:24 »
That's odd. I thought you all were going to be releasing a PJ addon in the MH-60G Pavehawk pack... Are you not going to do this? I know that Bibmi, had intended to release a PJ addon, before his HDD crashed. And then I think someone had mentioned that Frandsen or Select-this would be doing them... now I'm confused. Ferret no like confuse... Ferret SMASH!!!