Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: RTM Problem  (Read 2107 times)

Offline Lenyoga

• Professor of Misanthropology
  • Members
RTM Problem
« on: 30 Aug 2012, 18:40:42 »
Good evening,

I have created a custom unit with custom animations (not fully custom, but based on CfgMovesMC).

But now I'm experiencing strange issues with the unit's gun; the model of the rifle is okay (also tried it with the M16), the proxies are placed correctly in the unit's model and they're also placed correctly in the animation files. The rifle is now pointing about 90 degrees to the left instead of sitting in the position it's supposed to be in. I've only experienced this with the custom units, and it also seemed to work before.

Has anybody experienced something similar and was maybe able to find out why guns do things like that?
Anyway, thanks for any replies which might or might not come.
As a grandmother I've got lots of gold.

Offline Raptorsaurus

• Editors Depot Staff
Re: RTM Problem
« Reply #1 on: 15 Dec 2012, 19:21:38 »
That is very strange. As a test you could try to take a BIS model and copy just the proxies to your model. Then adjust their position (but not orientation) as you see fit. Also, check all the LODs, it maybe that your proxies are not correctly oriented in one of the LODs.
« Last Edit: 15 Dec 2012, 19:24:25 by Raptorsaurus »

Offline Lenyoga

• Professor of Misanthropology
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: 18 Dec 2012, 01:02:20 »
I had all the proxies just as they were in the BIS units - but strangely it works again now. I simply deleted one of the custom units and it's CfgMoves section - now the other one works again. It seems my cyborg has in some way interfered with my security bot. Maybe an error in the CfgMoves section, maybe something more mysterious. Either way, thanks.
As a grandmother I've got lots of gold.

Offline Raptorsaurus

• Editors Depot Staff
« Reply #3 on: 18 Dec 2012, 22:56:48 »
I'm glad you got it working. Maybe there was a conflicting definition in the CFgMoves section.