Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: UH1Y/MH60 Animation Scripting, Action Menu Help  (Read 2142 times)

Offline Dammond

• Members
UH1Y/MH60 Animation Scripting, Action Menu Help
« on: 17 Jul 2011, 02:56:33 »
Hello every one!

After finding the C130 open doors script, it really got me interested, as it makes the game more visually appealing, and more realistic, being able to manipulate the doors on a vehicle, rather then getting in "through" the closed doors.  I was also able to open the ramp and the side door on the MV22 using scripts, and I want to do the same with the UH1Y and Blackhawk Variants.

Only issue is, I don't know how.  I've looked forever on how to do this.  I understand the script, I have a basic script I can modify for every vehicle.  Unfortunately, each vehicle names each door something different.  Eg.  The MV22 Side door opens on 2 parts, the top and the bottom.  ( door1_top , door1_bottom ).  I want to find out, how to get these names for the UH1Y (Most Important) and the standard MH/60 Blackhawk.  I am ALMOST 100% certain these have animations, but I don't know how to find the names of these doors, to animate.  Any help, would be appreciated!

Dammond

Offline Pirin

• Members
Re: UH1Y/MH60 Animation Scripting, Action Menu Help
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jul 2011, 12:29:36 »
For default BIS models, neither the UH1Y or MH/UH60 have any AnimationSources listed in their configs which would allow their doors to open.  There are some player made ones that do, but not the default ones.

Offline Dammond

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 17 Jul 2011, 18:25:04 »
Alright.  How do I find the config files for each model, so I can see which ones do and do not have animations?

Offline Pirin

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 18 Jul 2011, 21:48:00 »
You could open the config.bin files with ArmAUnBin then poke around the files, or just browse them here:

http://dev-heaven.net/repositories/browse/cmb/configs

You're looking for "user" source type entries under AnimationSources like this:

Code: [Select]
  class AnimationSources: AnimationSources
  {
   class Gatling_1
   {
    source = "revolving";
    weapon = "M134";
   };
   class Gatling_2
   {
    source = "revolving";
    weapon = "M134_2";
   };
   class HUDAction
   {
    source = "user";
    animPeriod = 2;
    initPhase = 1;
   };
   class HUDAction_1
   {
    source = "user";
    animPeriod = 0.1;
    initPhase = 1;
   };
   class mainRotor_folded
   {
    source = "user";
    animPeriod = 0.001;
    initPhase = 1;
   };
   class mainRotor_unfolded: mainRotor_folded
   {
    initPhase = 0;
   };
  };

(From UH1Y/config.cpp)

For that example you can see that HUDAction and mainRotor_folder are both user controllable animations.  One is via the addAction within the model to retract the HUD thingie and the other externally via a script to fold up the rotors.