Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Anim Issues  (Read 1792 times)

Offline Dajan

• Members
Anim Issues
« on: 09 Sep 2010, 17:35:31 »
Hey all, standard disclaimer: I've searched & can't find anything etc, if other info exists please redirect and obliterate.

Occasionally I like to start missions with (slightly morbidly) the player surrounded by dead comrades - say as the sole survivor of a crash. Prob is since leaving OFP all those years ago I can't get the recently deceased to start of lying down in a state of rigor mortis. Instead my poor soldier is witness to all those around him suddenly taking 100 points of damage and dropping like stones.

So...

How do I start the dead AI units lying down, very dead, covered in blood?

TIA

Offline zonker3210

• Members
Re: Anim Issues
« Reply #1 on: 09 Sep 2010, 23:56:45 »
You've tried using the "Health" slider in the mission editor and "setDamage=1" (or whatever) via script, correct?

Have you considered using a fade-in at the start of the mission to allow time for the AI units to die and keel over?

Offline Dajan

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 10 Sep 2010, 00:11:01 »
That's what I'm resorting to at the moment. It just seems odd that I can't set them up to begin in a prone position or somesuch.
Code: [Select]
unitname setunitpos "down" doesn't seem to work, and I can't work out if there's an animation that i could use.

Offline Zipper5

• BIS Team
« Reply #3 on: 10 Sep 2010, 02:00:05 »
Use something like this in a SQF script:
_dead_unit = _this select 0;

_dead_unit setUnitPos "DOWN";
sleep 0.5;
_dead_unit disableAI "ANIM";
_dead_unit switchMove "AdthPpneMstpSrasWrflDnon_1";
sleep 0.5;
_dead_unit setDamage 1;
And execute by putting the following in the unit's init line:
null = [this] execVM "<script name>.sqf"That will make him play the prone death animation and kill him half a second afterward. Hope that helps. :)

Offline Dajan

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 12 Sep 2010, 01:14:47 »
Thanks zipper, will give that a go!  :good:

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
« Reply #5 on: 13 Sep 2010, 16:58:27 »
I think using that script will produce dead units with the same animation.
That is, if a unit is dying with its face on the dirt, all other units will be the same too.

I think you should add a fading (black in) at the start and put the sound volume to 0 (to avoid hearing the dropping body sounds).

init.sqf

put the following at the VERY START of init.sqf

titleCut ["","BLACK IN",10];
//10 seconds to fade in

0 fadeSound 0;
sleep 5;
0 fadeSound 1;

there might be a better way for example, selecting random dying anims out of an anim array..
but at the moment, I could only give you the above solution...

Regards,
Haroon1992
Very busy with life, business, and other stuff. Away from OFP for months. Not sure if I could get back onto it. :(

Offline Dajan

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 13 Sep 2010, 20:12:52 »
I think I'm going to have to do a little of both:-
The script suggested by Zipper works -sort of. The scripted unit will assume the necessary position (nothing kinky involved here) without falling, however there is a brief period (maybe half a second) in which they arre still upright. I think I'm just going to have to add a fade to cover that few milliseconds  :confused:

{EDIT}

Just an update if anyone is interested - by starting the units in stealth behaviour in the script the visual impact of entering dead state is lessened.
« Last Edit: 14 Sep 2010, 12:24:44 by Dajan »

Offline Zipper5

• BIS Team
« Reply #7 on: 14 Sep 2010, 17:58:43 »
Yes, there is a 0.5 second delay as you can see in the script. Some switchMoves you cannot execute right as the mission starts, as the unit won't recognize it, but adding a short delay between the start of the mission and the switchMove will make the unit always perform the animation.