Advertisement

Author Topic: OFPEC campaign discussion [Obsolete]  (Read 2091 times)

Offline mathias_eichinger

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
OFPEC campaign discussion [Obsolete]
« on: 06 Sep 2010, 21:19:02 »
This is the thread for any new OFPEC campaign ideas, questions and comments, rendering all other threads in the forum section obsolete. Please use this thread for discussion.
« Last Edit: 22 Sep 2011, 22:50:53 by mathias_eichinger »

Offline DaKa

• Members
  • Loyalty is my Honor.
Re: OFPEC campaign discussion
« Reply #1 on: 10 Sep 2010, 16:48:33 »
Alright, I just got back home. Now, if we're gonna start brainstorming, first off what game will we make the campaign to? ArmA/ArmA2/ArmA2OA? And do we intend to use any mods or not? My personal opinion is to keep it as simple as possible.
« Last Edit: 10 Sep 2010, 16:52:37 by DaKa »

Offline savedbygrace

• Mission Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #2 on: 12 Sep 2010, 16:24:45 »
I would recommend Arma2 CO, so that you have access to many more objects, units in Arma2. If you go with just OA, you are restricted from using any of the normal European looking models. If you go with Arma2, you won't have access to any Takistan objects. Just my opinion.

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: 12 Sep 2010, 22:56:32 »
I second that, ArmA2CO is the best choice. I would be open to a few addons though. If the campaign is not too long, the list would be rather modest I think.

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
« Reply #4 on: 13 Sep 2010, 16:47:41 »
Lemme drop an idea......
So we are not going to end up trying to simulate a nightmare with zombies this time....

We should make a realistic or maybe historic campaign...which features something that has happened in real-life.

(for example but not meaning to do, Invasion 1944)

The movie "Rescue Dawn" is quite a nice movie IMHO, and it's also about a real-life story.
an american guy being captured as prisoner in Vietnam, and how he has escape from the hell den and how he make it back to home...

But that one would require some old aircrafts and soldier models, and someother stuffs (like the wooden prison etc),
addons must be used.

And I am not sure if there are certain addons like that. ( the closest one i thought of is from the Invasion 1944 mod, but I don't whether its being ported to ArmA 2 yet)

That was just a suggestion, and nothing more....
But I am really willing to take part of at least contribute a bit to the OFPEC Campaign Project....

I wish we would be able to produce a State of the Art Campaign...............
Get ready, put on the helmets soldiers......!

Regards,
Haroon1992
Very busy with life, business, and other stuff. Away from OFP for months. Not sure if I could get back onto it. :(

Offline DaKa

• Members
  • Loyalty is my Honor.
« Reply #5 on: 13 Sep 2010, 17:07:12 »
Alright ArmA2CO then!  :D

I'd say that let's try to be modest add-on wise. Other than that, I am open on any "campaign topics" may it be historical, or not.

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: 13 Sep 2010, 22:51:10 »
What about centering the campaign on one of the under-used units of the A2CO package: Czech special forces?
This would allow for some Afghanistan-style missions with some variety while avoiding the over-used US forces.
What do you guys think?

Offline DaKa

• Members
  • Loyalty is my Honor.
« Reply #7 on: 14 Sep 2010, 01:58:11 »
Sounds good to me (I love the SA-58), maybe we could use the woodland camo add-on too, and maybe make a campaign starting on Chernarus, then going to Takistan? (just an idea)

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: 16 Sep 2010, 23:02:38 »
Hmmm... I think we should keep that campaign short. But having a kind of "hunt the warlord" campaign in Chernarus with the addon would keep possibilities open...like the evil Chedakis getting money and fighters from islamic Taktistan (I am thinking a bit of a Balkans war criminals hunt here).

Offline DaKa

• Members
  • Loyalty is my Honor.
« Reply #9 on: 18 Sep 2010, 12:23:57 »
Hmmmm.... sounds promising to me :)  :good:

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: 18 Sep 2010, 19:22:44 »
Ok, to be a bit more precise. Do you prefer a permissive environment with NATO troops on the ground (like in Kosovo) or do you like a "behind enemy lines" environment more, where the SF team cannot count on friendly troops support?

Offline DaKa

• Members
  • Loyalty is my Honor.
« Reply #11 on: 19 Sep 2010, 10:14:19 »
I'd personally vouch for the NATO one.

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: 21 Sep 2010, 18:34:53 »
Ok, that has a realistic touch. Do you want me to do the background story and first mission or would you like to do that?

Offline DaKa

• Members
  • Loyalty is my Honor.
« Reply #13 on: 23 Sep 2010, 23:24:51 »
Ok, I am back and ready to roll, what's the status on the background story?
« Last Edit: 25 Oct 2010, 14:06:31 by DaKa »

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #14 on: 02 Nov 2010, 18:35:22 »
Hey DaKa, just started the first mission, but I scrapped the Chernarus (and addon) part, to avoid mission creep.
My mission starts off in Takistan, with a Czech SF team flying in to guard a medevac where there is danger of enemy contact. They discover that the cause of the injuries has to be an IED, the injured persons will be evacuated and during the night our SF team will thwart a kidnapping event only to discover intel on a remote safe house where some hostages are located. Did not do the safe house part of the mission yet, it should be a rather easy one, since it is the first mission. The remainder of the mission will be a hostage rescue mission, and maybe there should be another task as well, since there is not much to the mission yet. 

The larger background would be an Afghanistan one, with NATO troops in FOBs, setting out on patrol, and SF teams trying to win hearts and minds. 

Do you think you can work with that or do you prefer to use a Chernarus setting?