Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Present trigger questions  (Read 1468 times)

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
Present trigger questions
« on: 13 Jul 2010, 22:30:28 »
In a mission I have a group leader which is "grouped" with 2 markers. This way the leaders group start position will be randomized and become one out of possible 3, original start position + 2 more represented by the markers. This as you know is a MP safe old school BIS function. You just have to put the leading unit's special on "None" and the rest of the group members on "In Formation".

However, depending on where the group actually starts (depending on the randomness with markers) I want the units to join a another group which is in the area of the groups actual start position (meaning after the randomness is set).

I have a trigger measuring "Any group Member Present" on all three locations (timeout 10 sec.), and if the trigger fires the leaders group joins the closest group. In SP this works perfectly, the group joins the group closest to their actual start position.

In MP however, it seems like the units always join the group closest to their original (before marker randomness) start position.

Do triggers measuring present/not present work safely in MP? Or is the only good solution to measure the groups actual position just on the server as in: "Any group Member Present", "this AND isServer"?

All the groups involved are AI, local to the server.

Thanks in advance,

Laggy

And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline F2kSel

• Members
Re: Present trigger questions
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jul 2010, 04:07:30 »
I've not done any MP but how about setting the other triggers to off before the one that's causing the problems to see if it still happens.

failing that you may have to do a distance check.

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jul 2010, 11:48:47 »
Thanks  :good:

failing that you may have to do a distance check.

I think that will be the safest solution after all and only run it on the server.

Laggy
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
« Reply #3 on: 14 Jul 2010, 15:39:07 »
The trigger works in MP, but it may take a while for the system to recognize the new starting position of the random unit. Hence the first trigger may fire, even if the unit in question will end up in another location a split second later. The distance check should solve your problem (I had a similar problem a few days ago).
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!