Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Garrison "Active" Units Inside Buildings/ Duck & Cover Script  (Read 1379 times)

Offline John_Chrichton

• Members
 :-[

First, I'd like to apologize for my profound ignorance of Arma2 scripting. I've honestly made an effort to search for answers to my questions but I found either no results or ones applicable to OFP/ARMA1.

Basically, what I'd like to do is place a unit inside of a building (such as a guard tower) so that the unit shoots and doesn't just stand there. I'd also like to have the unit occasionally duck beneath walls of the tower, say if enemy fire gets too close.

Is there any way to implement the first action? As I understand it, the second might be very difficult to do.

Thank you in advance!

-J

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
I just tried a spanish script developed from Urban Patrol Script. This new script uses buildings (like towers) and static weapons. The most powerful part of this script is the info sharing. Without this script, if you put a soldier in the guard tower (or even into a building), he just stand until he detect the enemy, but it's always too late.
But with this script, the soldiers in the building and towers get information about the enemy from their superior officer, who patrolling in the sector, so they react much realistic.
This is the script name: UPSMON - Urban Patrol Script Mon  (search for it in the BIS forum!).
Fix bayonet!