Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Where can i get the orignal OFP cold war crisis campaign?  (Read 2286 times)

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
My game comes with no Cold War Crisis campaign although it is named Cold War Crisis...
I can only play the official Red Hammer campaign
I heard people saying that Red Hammer is total shit and the old campaign's good.........
I wonder if it was hosted somewhere here or else....

Regards,
Haroon1992
« Last Edit: 18 Jan 2010, 12:17:59 by haroon1992 »
Very busy with life, business, and other stuff. Away from OFP for months. Not sure if I could get back onto it. :(

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re: Where can i get the orignal OFP cold war crisis campaign?
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jan 2010, 12:21:02 »
Cold War Crisis campaign is part of vanilla OFP, it comes with the game and will be on your CD along with the rest of the game.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline Zipper5

• BIS Team
« Reply #2 on: 18 Jan 2010, 13:46:49 »
Cold War Crisis is listed in the game as 1985 - Cold War Crisis in the Campaigns section of the menu. You need to use the arrows in the top left and right corners to switch to different campaigns, so that might be the issue. See the attached image for more information.

If you still don't have it, then chances are you've been sold a modified version of the game.

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #3 on: 18 Jan 2010, 21:23:34 »
There are NO bad campaigns in the original OFP. All of them are great immersive projects that a user can take many ideas from. CWC, RedHAMMER AND Resistance are all fantastic examples of what the BIS team can do if they inserted more time toward the story area rather than the MP area. But alas, it seems that MP has won the day in this age.

Offline Zipper5

• BIS Team
« Reply #4 on: 19 Jan 2010, 12:22:43 »
Red Hammer was made solely by Codemasters and, in my eyes, was the weakest of the three. Doesn't make it bad, just not as good as the awesomeness of CWC and Resistance.

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
« Reply #5 on: 20 Jan 2010, 02:57:50 »
In my opinion,the Red Hammer is the only campaign that I had ever finished....

(I don't like the ArmA campaign,and ArmA 2 campaign is unplayable for me due to its bugs and my PCs graphic limitations)

Red Hammer is very interesting and thrilling and is the one place in OFP where i can hear radio messages!!! (though there are some errors in the final mission "Port")
(Its much bugless and much interesting than the ArmA campaign)

Okay,this thread is leading to somewhat like "discussion about original campaigns" :D...so someone should move it to somewhere and just lock it................ :scratch:
Very busy with life, business, and other stuff. Away from OFP for months. Not sure if I could get back onto it. :(

Offline Zipper5

• BIS Team
« Reply #6 on: 20 Jan 2010, 14:33:09 »
Why can't you hear radio messages? Do you mean the Russians now speak with a Russian accent? Or do you mean you have no radio messages at all unless you play Red Hammer?

Are you sure you have a legitimate copy of the game?

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
« Reply #7 on: 22 Jan 2010, 04:22:23 »
Sorry,we have no chance to get a legitimate copy here (I am in Myanmar).
There is no copyright here,so we have to use what people call pirated software.....

Maybe because of that,there is no voice on radio messages,only green texts ......

(But there is voice in the Official Red Hammer campaign,like "12 o'clock enemy soldier" shouted by Dmitri Lukin...and the rest of the soldier reply as well,like "Roger","Negative")

Sorry  about discussing illegal contents...(I don't want help for this problem,just explaining it to Zipper5)

Haroon1992

Offline Zipper5

• BIS Team
« Reply #8 on: 22 Jan 2010, 10:27:02 »
Well, then that is why you are missing much of the content. It's probably a stripped-down cracked version. Only way you can fix it is by buying a legitimate copy of the game.

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: 22 Jan 2010, 10:35:21 »
Locking.

Piracy is not a harasho topic, I'm afraid, and this topic has been locked as a consequence. Other possible consequences pending.

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"