Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Creating a FARP  (Read 2361 times)

Offline sardaukar17

• Members
Creating a FARP
« on: 30 Jul 2009, 21:33:19 »
How do I create a farp within a marker/trigger area?

There is a Warfare Building called the "Vehical Service Point" being near this will repair, rearm, and refuel your vehical...

Incidently I also discovered that the "vehical Ammo" boxes will rearm your vehical as well. There may be barrels and other objects that can do similar things...

"Radio Edit"
« Last Edit: 04 Aug 2009, 00:05:56 by sardaukar17 »

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re: Creating a FARP
« Reply #1 on: 02 Aug 2009, 13:13:49 »
What I would say in return is:

If you expect an answer in 3 days and are disappointed and then think to denigrate fellow members, because nobody has yet answered your extremely urgent question, will result in everyone rushing to then answer then I think you have a rude awakening coming.

You have to wait till the person or persons that have an answer happen along and read your query.

The fact that 2,000,000 people have read your post and nobody has yet answered is neither here nor there.

Have patience.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #2 on: 02 Aug 2009, 14:22:18 »
@ sardaukar17

It could be that no-one knows what you're asking: I had to visit several sites to understand what a FARP is (Forward Arming and Refueling Point).

You should also realise that OFPEC is not a site where you ask for something and someone else does it for you. OFPEC is a library of resources which helps you help yourself. We've been on the go for several years and there's a wealth of material stored here which could lead you, with a wee bit of patience, to a solution.

Warfare comprises many complex and intricate scripts, and what you're asking may not be all that straightforward, depending on the effect you're going for.

If you simply want a specific vehicle to be refuelled and rearmed instantly when it enters a trigger, create a specific loadout script for that vehicle, group the repeating trigger with the vehicle and execute the script in the trigger activation field.

If you want all vehicles of any type to be refuelled and rearmed gradually, the complexity of the resulting scripts is correspondingly increased, and it's hardly surprising no-one is jumping over themselves to explain an easy-to-implement solution when there isn't one.
« Last Edit: 02 Aug 2009, 14:46:09 by bedges »

Offline sardaukar17

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 04 Aug 2009, 00:04:52 »
I love how that got 2 responses... instantly..

I will translate the little comment at the bottom in a moment. It could have been left like that with no worse for the ware for anyone. But now I feel a little insulted so I having the irritable temperment that I have, Have to respond in some way. I'll tone it down for everyone's benifit. Honestly I would prefer for it all to be wiped with the first post left for the next guy with the same issue I had.

Simple answer as it was. It wasted 3 days of my life for something that 39 out 40 people probly knew the answer to and thought to themselves "what a moron" and left nothing to shine light on an extremely simple problem with 3 words. "Check Warfare Buildings". Though I did that twice before I realized what I was looking at I would have been on the right path.

The translation of the comment:
MO$(&# F*((#$ was directed at me for not realizing how simple it was and the frustration that caused (check the lettering. there is no plural at the end). The 40 viewers and Thanks was at the frustration at how simple it infact was and out of 40 people no one was nice enough to lift a finger. I do not expect instant answers to my questions. I do not expect people to drop what they are doing and give me the assitance I request. I do however expect people on a (and I do mean this) very helpful site where people are here to help each other to give a quick 3 word response to what to them may seem obvious but to someone who until Arma2 never did any scripting or map editing ever is having a hell of a time with. I acknowledge maybe I am not being fair. But hey I gureantee I will help when ever I can. I like to be able to contribute. It helps me learn more by helping others. The very very few things I actually had answers for I have tried to help. So yea maybe I am irritable and maybe I shouldn't be so short. But it could have been left at my original post instead of provoked into a possible arguement. So I'll ask please lets just wipe this out and I can edit my original so that no one is offended and it can still be used for the next guy instead of turned into a pissing contest. :dunno:

Offline Pirin

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 05 Aug 2009, 20:24:56 »
sardaukar17, creating a FARP is not an easy task, that's why you haven't had any answers, not because people are laughing at you or anything.

The other problem is that there's no one "FARP" answer.  There's endless methods of doing it.  Evolution might have one version while someone elses mission has another.  Some include vehicles and ammo crates and helipads while others don't.  Some are marked on the map, other's aren't.

What you should do is come up with a detailed description of how you want your FARP to work.  Once you have the ideas down, then you can start to write the scripts to make it work.

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 05 Aug 2009, 21:36:40 »
Mr.Peanut posted a script a while back in the arma boards which took the Farp script from Evo and made it work for a regular mission. Now, I might of butchered this a bit for my own purposes since I wasn't able to find his post again. Here it is...

Code: [Select]
_repairman = _this select 0;
_zone = _this select 1;
F_Repair = 
{
_vec = (vehicle player);
_type = typeOf vehicle player;
if(getDammage _vec > 0 or fuel _vec < 0.98 and not (_vec isKindOf "Man")) then
{
_inrepairzone = (_vec in list _zone);
if(_inrepairzone and _vec != player and speed _vec > -2 and speed _vec < 2 and position _vec select 2 < 9.0 and (local _vec) and alive player) then
{

titleText ["Servicing", "PLAIN DOWN",0.3];
for [{_loop2=0}, {_loop2<1 && alive player}, {_loop2=_loop2}] do
{
    sleep 0.2;        
    if (getDammage _vec > 0) then {_vec setDammage ((getDammage _vec)-0.0125);};
    if (Fuel _vec < 1) then {_vec setFuel ((Fuel _vec)+0.0125);};
    if (getDammage _vec == 0 and Fuel _vec == 1) then {_loop2=1;};
    if(_vec != vehicle player or speed _vec < -2 or speed _vec > 2 or position _vec select 2 > 2.0) then {_loop2=1;titleText ["Do not move vehicle you shithead!", "PLAIN DOWN",0.3];};
};
         if (alive player) then
         {
_vec setVehicleAmmo 1;

};
};

};
_vec setVehicleAmmo 1;
};

for [{_loop=0}, {_loop<1}, {_loop=_loop}] do
{
[] call F_Repair;
sleep 2;
};
Xbox Rocks

Offline Trapper

• Honoured Contributor
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: 05 Aug 2009, 22:34:44 »
As you can see Sardaukar everyone around here is mislead to workout a complicated solution. While you are already satisfied with a nice setup of the right objects. Having my main knowledge based on OFP I didn't even know that there is an automated object like this Warfare VSP building available by now.

Offline sardaukar17

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 06 Aug 2009, 03:59:08 »
Trapper.. Really? when you bring it up. I HAVE to respond cause as mentioned above I am an irritable individual who HAS to have the last word. I have edited that original post about 3 or 4 times. I was specific and posted code and all that good stuff. I ended it with my results and a message some folks didn't like. If it keeps dragging out instead of ending it as it should have with no response to my originial post I will end up becoming more irritable and say things that will get me more little annoying messages and people who think they need to explain to me the basis of this website. Please, if your going to post here make it about a FARP. This other jibberjabber is ruining it. What I said in my second post should have been enough to end the whole fiasco.

Hugs and Kisses
-Sardaukar17
« Last Edit: 06 Aug 2009, 04:03:22 by sardaukar17 »

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #8 on: 07 Aug 2009, 22:12:35 »
Irritable individual or not, with respect, the staff of OFPEC will have the last word in all matters pertaining to this site, it being our site.

Thread closed.