Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Problem with JIP in user made campaign?  (Read 1602 times)

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
Problem with JIP in user made campaign?
« on: 21 Jul 2009, 16:09:12 »
Spooner presented an excellent solution to the JIP/Intro problem in this thread. The following code runs first in init.sqf and ensures that JIP players don't have to watch the intro when they join mid-game:

if ((not isDedicated) and (isNull player)) then { ...I am a JIPPEE... };

The part within the brackets {} is just an a dummy code. So let's not delve into that. The problem is that this doesn't work for me if I integrate my fully working (and tested) MP mission into a campaign structure and place it in the campaign folder.

Everyone except the hosting player seems to be treated as JIP:s when they join my MP campaign. Even if they were there from the very start. Hence they see no intro at all.

Since BIS has got this to work in Harvest Red there must be a solution. I've disected all the missions that came with the campaign but failed to understand what they do to work themselves around the problem. Can anyone shed some light on the problem? I'd be very greatful.

I've noticed that several premade missions have a file named init0.sqf. It seems to start automatically upon mission start just as the regular init. But I have yet to figure out what the syntax in these init0 actually denotes.
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!