Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Unit starts in building  (Read 1704 times)

Offline bakerboy1990

• Members
Unit starts in building
« on: 16 Jul 2009, 01:25:50 »
hi im trying to make a black hawk down mod on the avgani map, problem is i dotn know how 2 put a group in a building ie, insurgant group of 8 somewhere in the building, and a group of iraqi civvlians on a floor, ive mangaed to get the choppers 2 land exactly where i want them, and have a chopper flying high in the sky at around 400, and a white car jst a block away from the target building, so its all quite true to the movie.

Also i would like to know how to get sound into my radio message ie, "rpg,rpg!" and much longer radio convo, anyhelp would be greatly appreciated thanks

Offline CH

• Members
Re: Unit starts in building
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jul 2009, 14:53:15 »
You should check out page 148 in the Armed Assault Editing Guide
http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/index.php?action=details&id=611&game=ArmA

Offline bakerboy1990

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 16 Jul 2009, 21:37:58 »
ok thanks will have a look now, all i have is mr-murrays editing guide i didnt know there was a better 1 :dunno: haha

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
« Reply #3 on: 17 Jul 2009, 16:53:20 »
--Put a gamelogic near (should be very very near)  the house you want your groups to move in,
in the init field of the gamelogic,type
Code: [Select]
house1=nearestbuilding thisnow that the house has got the name "house1"
--next,select a unit and select waypoints(f4),2X click on the house and see in "position in house" to find out the max pos number available at the house for the units.
(in this case i make it 10)

--so place your group,in the init line of the leader ,type
guys=group thisnow the group has got a name called "guys",change it to your desired one.
-place a trigger and enter the following
 axis a /axis b - 0
 activation - anybody
 not present
 condition = this
 on activation = {_x setpos getpos (house1 buildingpos random 10)} foreach units guys;
this makes every single units of the group to instantly move into the random positions in side the building(in this case the random max 10 positions available for the group)
Note : The group should not exceed more than 9 units to avoid overlapping at the same place (in this case coz the max pos has only 10)

Now you have guys which are in house1 just at the start of the game.
if you want to make them move to the building,just use place "domove" instead setpos.
Haroon1992...
Very busy with life, business, and other stuff. Away from OFP for months. Not sure if I could get back onto it. :(

Offline bakerboy1990

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 19 Jul 2009, 16:18:08 »
thank you very much, will try it out, im sure it will work fine thank you

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
« Reply #5 on: 19 Jul 2009, 16:34:46 »
ur... i think you may get some errors if you don't remove the "getpos" in the code

xxx setpos getpos (house1 something) XXX
remove that getpos, :D
sorry for mistake! :(
Very busy with life, business, and other stuff. Away from OFP for months. Not sure if I could get back onto it. :(

Offline bakerboy1990

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 20 Jul 2009, 17:20:24 »
lol yeah i got some errors thanks for the correction