Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Q1-Parameters and Q2-Saved MP sessions.  (Read 1553 times)

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
Q1-Parameters and Q2-Saved MP sessions.
« on: 27 Jun 2009, 13:09:37 »
Question#1

description.ext
Code: [Select]
titleParam1="Play Intro Movie";
valuesParam1[]={1,0};
defvalueParam1=1;
textsParam1[]={"Yes, please!","No, not again!"};

And then:

cinema.sqs
Code: [Select]
?(param1) == 1: goto "intro"
?(param1) == 0: goto "nointro"

This always worked in ArmA1, but seems not to in ArmA2. Has the syntax changed or is there a new system, making this "old way" obsolete and even useless?

Question#2

Does anyone know how it works with saved MP sessions?

-Can only players that participated in the first original session join a previously saved session?
-Do you have to do anything specific as mission designer to make the MP save work well or is it automatically solved for me?

Not talking about MP campaign (I'm saving that for later), just a normal MP mission.

Laggy
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline Wiper

• Members
Re: Q1-Parameters and Q2-Saved MP sessions.
« Reply #1 on: 20 Aug 2009, 03:20:41 »
Hi Laggy,

Q1:
no idea for sqs goto's, sqf code with Param1/2 seems to work *pretty* well though !
Maybe BIS drops sqs support slowly ?

Q2a:
Didnt have any references but I cant imagine that savegames are bound to players ID's

Q2b:
There are definitely issues with save games in Arma2, still. These issues are legendary to my experience and go back down to all OFP releases (didnt get involved with Arma1 much).
Particularely spawned markers (createmarker...) are practically undefined after a reload for example.
Won't even know whats all missing in these 5-30 MB data bunches  :whistle:

On the other hand the transfer of mission relevant "native" data between campaign missions (WeaponPool, SaveVariables,..)  always seemed to be raltivley solid compared to somewhat complex mission specifics.
« Last Edit: 20 Aug 2009, 04:43:29 by Wiper »