Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: BAS M/AH-6 Version 1.1 Released  (Read 7563 times)

Tigershark

BAS M/AH-6 Version 1.1 Released
« on: 05 Nov 2002, 10:15:56 »
Details on our website.

Mods..please shutdown previous thread and lets use this thread for further bug reports.

Chomps

Re:BAS M/AH-6 Version 1.1 Released
« Reply #1 on: 05 Nov 2002, 21:43:17 »
I am going to be overly harsh, so I just want to point out that this is one of the best helo addons this game has ever seen (I only say "one of" because STT's Huey was also of the same high quality.)

Bugs and possible fixes:
- Buildings still disappearing behind rotor blades.
- Pilots cannot be shot through cockpit glass.  I am not sure if this is intentional to make the helo slightly less fragile, but it is odd when the glass is blown out in the front and clear shots to the pilot's head do nothing.
- Ammo belts still cutting through the arms holding the weapons.
- Textures like on those "arms" (or winglets, or whatever they are called) and on ammunition box in back looks odd.

Requests:
- Stripped down littlebird: MH-6 without seat planks and with room for two in the back.
- Littlebird with just two FFAR pods, no miniguns and no FLIR.
- Littlebird capable of carrying motorbikes, combined with some kind of in-mission script.
- Littlebird for medical evacuation.
- Two seperate FFAR ammo types, one for anti-armor, one for anti-personnel, which can be switched by a line in the init.

Those were just suggestions, if they do not seem practical, or worth the added filesize, or worth the effort, or simply do not exist, then never mind.

Oh, and good job.  ;D

FivefiftysixNATO

« Reply #2 on: 06 Nov 2002, 03:12:37 »
Too late... I finally got off my lazy ass and just bought Resistance. Anyways, awesome add-on. I love the manuverability and how you can cut down entire armies with the minigun. But like I asked in the other thread, could you change the weapons to HK's so they'll bet compatible with each other? That would be better.

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #3 on: 06 Nov 2002, 10:31:04 »
well i got the new version
and i have 2 say thank u for fixing the handling that was so fustrating

Tigershark

« Reply #4 on: 06 Nov 2002, 10:34:55 »
- Ammo belts still cutting through the arms holding the weapons.
- Textures like on those "arms" (or winglets, or whatever they are called) and on ammunition box in back looks odd.

By arms I guess you mean the AH-6....what is wrong with them specifically.

Chomps

« Reply #5 on: 06 Nov 2002, 10:58:10 »
I do not mean arms as in armaments, I mean as in the wing-like things coming out the sides of the AH-6 holding weapons.  I just do not know the technical term.  ;D

If you look at the side of the chopper, for example, you have a very nice texture with small variations in shading, but on the top of the wing thing, you see just parallel lines.  Same with the ammunition box in the back of the chopper.

I am being a little over-critical, perhaps.  ;D

Stalker

« Reply #6 on: 06 Nov 2002, 11:00:30 »
I don't think real SOAR pilots used silenced HK MP5's. Change it to MP5N. PLEASE. And make a medivac version. And also now we can create new anims (contact teacup to know how). So please create new anim for co-pilot holding MP5.

Faculty

« Reply #7 on: 06 Nov 2002, 12:37:23 »
Then this addon will be WICKED and the best user made addon for OFP :) please do that coz it will rock on

thanx

pang

« Reply #8 on: 06 Nov 2002, 12:56:02 »
i had some bad problems, flying the v1.0 LBs at high speed... it think it was because the twitchy flight- behaviour.
anyways v1.1 fixed that, so a big "THANKS for the update" from me! :)

stalker, as long as thereÂ's no tool released for creating new animations, i think we gotta wait for special- features like this.
but there should be a tool for exporting maya- animations into ofp, coming soon, so heads up!
but thatÂ'd be really nice, having the co- pilot switching animations, as soon as heÂ's targetting infantry with his (maybe upcoming ;)) mp5n.

by the way something off- topic: are you BAS guys planning to do any soviet choppers as well? since there is a biiiig lack of Â'em.

cheers
-pang :)
« Last Edit: 06 Nov 2002, 12:57:41 by pang »

Chomps

« Reply #9 on: 07 Nov 2002, 00:24:46 »
When a tool comes out for it, new animations for the passengers sitting on the planks holding their weapons the right way.  It would be best if that animation was subtle, maybe with the right wrist resting on the right thigh and the left forearm resting on the left thigh, so units without rifles do not look wierd like they are aiming a pretend gun.  Of course, we are getting ahead of ourselves here, we have to wait for a tool.

Offline Nixer6

• Members
« Reply #10 on: 07 Nov 2002, 02:56:41 »
A truely outstanding addon!

Thanks to everybody involved :)

Especially to Nagual for that great mission. I Am enjoying the heck out of it ;D
Why do I have to be a Rocket Scientist to make a good mission?

Tigershark

« Reply #11 on: 08 Nov 2002, 03:54:02 »
@Chomps
I'll look into the texture issue....it will be added to my ever growing list of improvement :-)

As for animations...these will not be implemented in the forseeable future, sorry.

MP5N...I am planning a full MP5 pack from BAS with many variants. Hoepfully I can include this....in the mean time...perhaps an MP5N from Lost Brothers will do...but in the scale of things...this is a minor point really.

Medevac version...I dont get it?? The MH-6 can medevac now....what do you mean by "make a medevac" version??

You mean give it heal capabilities?

@pang and Nixer...thanks for the....thanks :-)

Chomps

« Reply #12 on: 08 Nov 2002, 05:22:04 »
On another note, perhaps you should start a thread about the upcoming MH-60, I am sure people have questions about it.  I am personally excited about the side-mounted minigun, after seeing it in action on DeadMeat's edited demo Blackhawk.

About the medevac version, I think the main idea would be to have soldiers in cargo in a laying position, like in the M113 ambulance.  I guess this would be mainly for cutscenes.

Anyway, how about a stripped down version of the Littlebird, without weapons, seating planks, FLIR, or FRIES (is that correct?) bars on the sides, with room for two guys in the back.  This could be used for more casual transportation and can be reskinned later on by someone to simulate a civilian version.  (I am not sure if it is the same chopper, but I remember seeing a chopper that looked exactly like these with a civilian paint job looking for some criminal on the news)

Navy Captain

« Reply #13 on: 08 Nov 2002, 07:01:28 »
Any plans on making a UH-60Q dustoff medevac helo?

Tigershark

« Reply #14 on: 08 Nov 2002, 07:46:19 »
This is getting outta hand.

Stripped off version...that might be simple enough to implement.

Medevac version...I really don't see the reward vs. effort there. The practical application are VERY few vs what it would take to create and package this (increasing the pack size).

As for the UH60Q...yes we do have one planned.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #15 on: 08 Nov 2002, 20:44:27 »
Hmmm, even the AH6 can be used for Medevac, infact it's perfect for it!  :D

Stalker

« Reply #16 on: 08 Nov 2002, 21:22:37 »
Medevac version...I dont get it?? The MH-6 can medevac now....what do you mean by "make a medevac" version??

You mean give it heal capabilities?
No. I mean to make soldier lying on the benches of MH6 (only two soldiers per heli though). NO HEALING CAPABILITIES. It's ain't realistic.

Chomps

« Reply #17 on: 09 Nov 2002, 01:00:14 »
Small error with the SOAR pilots: From long distance, a small, but noticeable part of the texture along the lower part of the vest turns white.

Also, about the Littlebird, the pilots cannot be shot through the glass of the cockpit, was this intentional?

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
« Reply #18 on: 09 Nov 2002, 03:03:28 »
Yes it was intentional to make the windscreen bulletproof. Reason: playability. With the increase in MG accuracy in 1.85 it made the pilots extremely vulnerable. They can still be targetted through the door gap though.

STT

Chomps

« Reply #19 on: 09 Nov 2002, 04:19:39 »
Yes it was intentional to make the windscreen bulletproof. Reason: playability. With the increase in MG accuracy in 1.85 it made the pilots extremely vulnerable. They can still be targetted through the door gap though.

STT

I figured that would be the reason, the littlebird would not last a second if there was a semi-competant solider near with a PK.

Kind of a silly request, but could you make the second level of damage for the windscreen not display as busted completely open?  This is mainly because it looks wierd when the bullet is stopped by nothing when the chopper takes significant damage.  Although, I should keep in mind that you guys did a good job with the damage textures, so if you do not wish to change it, then no problem, it is just a small cosmetic thing.   ;D

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #20 on: 09 Nov 2002, 20:30:33 »
I finally Got V1.1 Nice work the Special Forces Patches were Buggin Me, I like the SOCOM Better, you should release other Night Stalker Pilots, with Pistol holdsters, and Different Right Arm Patches like the 1st Cav. guys, but just a thought, I have a pic of a Night Stalker's Beret Flash, if you're Interested, it's right here, in case you want to make a night Stalker with a Standard BDU  :)
« Last Edit: 09 Nov 2002, 20:32:07 by PunkerSXDX »

Stalker

« Reply #21 on: 14 Nov 2002, 09:59:53 »
I finally Got V1.1 Nice work the Special Forces Patches were Buggin Me, I like the SOCOM Better, you should release other Night Stalker Pilots, with Pistol holdsters, and Different Right Arm Patches like the 1st Cav. guys, but just a thought, I have a pic of a Night Stalker's Beret Flash, if you're Interested, it's right here, in case you want to make a night Stalker with a Standard BDU  :)
Yeah yeah. Night Stalkers, Night Stalkers :) :) :) :)

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #22 on: 15 Nov 2002, 13:13:13 »
Just tried the M/AH-6's out ...

Nuff said... :D
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

Vyper

« Reply #23 on: 18 Nov 2002, 22:39:59 »
Can't say much but

JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW droppingly nice....good job guys!

Vyper

Tigershark

« Reply #24 on: 19 Nov 2002, 08:53:13 »
Thanks Noon/Vyper.....they better be...we took long enough to get em finished  ;)

Stalker

« Reply #25 on: 19 Nov 2002, 10:07:26 »
With the Teacup's tool released we can now make new anims !! So make an anim for a co-pilot\gunner in MH6

Chomps

« Reply #26 on: 22 Nov 2002, 05:15:04 »
With the Teacup's tool released we can now make new anims !! So make an anim for a co-pilot\gunner in MH6

Yeah, also the guys sitting on the seating planks.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #27 on: 22 Nov 2002, 05:39:29 »
Hows about a Pink Pollo Pony with a silver Saddle!  ::) I'm sure the new Tea Cup thing will take time, and the BAS guys are always sayin' they won't make new Anims

Vixer

« Reply #28 on: 22 Nov 2002, 07:58:02 »
who said we wont make new anims?

maybe we will make one on the MH60 for the gunner so it hangs to the minigun instead of the old proxy  ;)

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #29 on: 22 Nov 2002, 12:27:01 »
well, hopefully we will make new anims, it all depends on whether any of the BAS members has access to Maya........

Stalker

« Reply #30 on: 22 Nov 2002, 13:47:50 »
Come to Ukraine and you will have acces to Maya, Microsoft site, main FBI site and many other things :) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nagual

« Reply #31 on: 24 Nov 2002, 23:01:42 »
Im replying a bit (a lot  ::) ) late, but thanks to folks in the previous thread for feedback on the demo mission.

Taking the feedback into account i will update that mission when the H-60l choppers and bas delta units are out. In the update things like the extraction will be streamlined into something like a roof extraction (so helo doesnt land at odd places).

And at the moment a 1.46 demo mission is unlikely, as my cold war crisis cd is in storage on the other side of the city, so i cant load up 1.46.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #32 on: 29 Nov 2002, 10:12:24 »
@ Nagual
When the New Blackhawks are Released are you going to make another mission for it? cause the one for the Little birds was Great!  :D I really think you Should  :)

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #33 on: 29 Nov 2002, 12:43:54 »
yea a new mission would be awesome u did an awesome job on that last one mate

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #34 on: 29 Nov 2002, 15:47:01 »
Nagual is our (BAS) official mission maker, and he will be making a mission for each of the new units we produce, as you have seen with the littlebirds, his tallents are practically unlimited, and as you have not seen they are even better than that.... :D

So in answer to your question: Yes, Nagual will be making more missions for our BAS units :D

Nagual

« Reply #35 on: 29 Nov 2002, 23:47:50 »
lol, thanks guys,

As DeadMeat said, there will be a demo mission for each addon BAS makes. Each one will have an intro, mission and credits outro.
The mission for DAP / MH60L is basically done, with some nice cinematics (better than LB cinematics). It is a longish pilot mission.

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #36 on: 30 Nov 2002, 02:02:53 »
good that ur sreading what type of unit u play
i would rather be something different instead of being a black op again

rainman

« Reply #37 on: 30 Nov 2002, 07:58:33 »
this may have been addressed already but shouldn't the mh-6j be able to transport 6-8 soldiers? i know in black hawk down they only seat 4 but if you got too some place like http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/mh-6.htm it says 6 normally and up too 9 (3 internal and 6 external)

...just wondering

The Edge

« Reply #38 on: 30 Nov 2002, 09:22:48 »
Rainman-

This was explained already -- basically, it would look like shit if you had 3 men per bench. Their shoulders would meld into each other, etc.

Chomps

« Reply #39 on: 01 Dec 2002, 05:02:57 »
This was explained already -- basically, it would look like shit if you had 3 men per bench. Their shoulders would meld into each other, etc.

It is kind of like those little LEGO people, their legs and torso only take up two units, but their arms keep getting in the way.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #40 on: 01 Dec 2002, 05:30:34 »
I Hated That  ::)

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #41 on: 01 Dec 2002, 05:44:19 »
man i miss playin with lego :'(

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #42 on: 01 Dec 2002, 18:31:31 »
I know lego ruled, but can we keep this on topic pls people :)

Rainman - as The Edge explained, we can't make any new animations, so thats what were gonna stick with...

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #43 on: 02 Dec 2002, 02:42:48 »
Ya Know You could Use the Script for the MH47 with the LBs for Putting Troops in the Back. but It's just a thought  ;)

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #44 on: 02 Dec 2002, 07:40:12 »
do u mean puting LBs in the back of the MH47???
if so it probably wouldnt work cause u would have teh problum of gettin them in and the problum with the blades

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #45 on: 02 Dec 2002, 09:25:08 »
No I ment for puttung Extra Guys in the LBs but I don't know what I was thinking, when I said that, just shock from the Screen shots of the MH47 I guess  ;), forget about it.  :-X