Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: CBA - Community Base Addons  (Read 4004 times)

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
CBA - Community Base Addons
« on: 18 Jun 2009, 19:57:31 »
CBA - Community Base Addons

Dear ArmA 2 Community,

We would like to introduce you to a cooperation established at DevHeaven, between different mods and developers, including SPON (Spooner), ACE (ACE Team), former SIX (Sickboy) and Killswitch (Extended Eventhandlers, originally by Solus).

The mod will consist out of Core components that will form the backbone of (until now) SPON and ACE projects,
while hoping on a more Community-wide acceptance, much as the original Extended Eventhandlers did with Armed Assault.

The first implementation of the mod will provide: Extended Eventhandlers, a Functions and Macros library, Key Handlers and Full MP Compatibility. The past weeks we have been working very hard on defining the framework and tools we would use to accomplish the Mod.

Together with the excellent DevHeaven developer environment and connected devs, we are nearing completion.
We welcome anyone to supply feedback or join in on this cooperative project.
« Last Edit: 18 Jun 2009, 21:01:04 by Spooner »
[Arma 2] CBA: Community Base Addons
[Arma 1] SPON Core (including links to my other scripts)

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: CBA - Community Base Addons
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jun 2009, 09:01:02 »
Well, if it incorporates the ArmA2 version of XEH, then community-wide acceptance will be inevitable. If you can add some more eventhandlers, as discussed in ArmA (e.g. display eventhandlers and such), then it will be even more invaluable. Anything else you add to it after that will be wonderful as well, so it does sound like a very nice project overall  :good: Wish you all the luck!

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #2 on: 19 Jun 2009, 20:30:14 »
Thanks!

Actually, A2 doesn't need a displayEventHandler system, since we gained displayAddEventHandler/displayRemoveEventHandler commands to allow multiple users to share a handler. In A1 we only had displaySetEventHandler, so you always overwrote any previous attempts to use key handlers, leading to the need for SPON and Shole event handling multiplexors.

Offline shole

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 24 Jun 2009, 11:58:30 »
but keys are still 'hardcoded' into the addons or have to be hand-edited in a .cpp file like with ACE
this was something i also wanted to fix for my displayeventhandler - using armalib to maintain a generic addon key definition config file from inside the game (to keep it in sync with loaded addons aswell)
there's probably not much more we could do for it with A2 though

i actually did write a system to write the key database outside the game with a seperate .net app and reading it with the addon, but lost interest in A1 before implementing armalib support to complete the circle

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #4 on: 07 Jul 2009, 03:33:38 »