Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: HOZ_dabomb - Mission Objective Script (ACCEPTED)  (Read 4827 times)

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
HOZ_dabomb - Mission Objective Script (ACCEPTED)
« on: 05 Feb 2009, 23:24:37 »
Version: v1.1 Beta
No Mirroring.

Description
Disarm the bomb. A ready to serve objective.
This script is to simulate a 4 wire bomb. You must choose the correct wire for cutting.

Install
Copy all the contents from the init.sqf and description.ext and the HOZ_dabomb folder to your mission folder & mission files.
Open the editor and copy the addaction commands from the Bomb and the Police vehicle to appropriate objects in your mission.

If you want to avoid having to find the bomb first, then set HOZ_dabombFound = true  in the init.sqf file. This will allow the player to skip that objective.

If you want to disable the timer then simply change HOZ_TimerEnabled to false.

Wire Color choices are: "Red", "White", "Gray", "Blue" and can be configured manually by setting HOZ_dabombWireC = "colorchoice". Be sure to disable HOZ_dabombRNDWires = false; if you want to manually specify the color. Default will be to randomly choose the color.

Demo Mission
In this demo mission you must go find the bomb instructions. These instructions will tell you which wire you need to cut. Once you have figured out the wire then goto the bomb and disarm it. Careful! A wrong wire could mean death! You must do all this in 90 secs. Hehe

Note: if you cannot get to the bomb in time, simply increase the time in the init.sqf file. I tried to make the mission fun.

Many thanks to plancks dialog and image skillz!

Ver 1.1

* Fixed the missing action if dialog was closed accidentaly with esc.
* Added new option: HOZ_LimitUnits = false - you can now be selective of which units can disarm the bomb. tx Mandoble & Spooner
* Overlapping buttons some times caused a boom!
* Added random delay after the wire is cut to stimulate suspense. was it the correct wire? :)
* Locked the hatchback in the demo mission.
* Note: Any player can find the bomb instructions.

Ver 1.0
* Initial release

OFPEC Download
« Last Edit: 16 Feb 2009, 17:03:27 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
Re: HOZ_dabomb - Mission Objective Script
« Reply #1 on: 06 Feb 2009, 15:30:21 »
I did have an idea similar to this back when I was making SPON VBIED. Never got around to going back and implementing it though (I may be good with dialogs, but that doesn't mean they don't annoy me), so, one year later, you have beaten me to it :whistle:

I had some other ideas for defusing way back when:
* Each bomb has a difficulty (that is, number of wires it shows, from 2 to 5).
* Each player can be given a skill number, which is the number of wires the system it marks as not correct.

Thus, a civilian with defuse-skill 0 will have 4 choices on a difficulty 4 bomb, so will likely blow himself up, but a bomb-disposal expert (defuse skill 3) will know exactly which wire to cut. A regular soldier might have a defuse of 1...

Not sure is this isn't over-complicating things though and I don't think your system needs this expansion.
[Arma 2] CBA: Community Base Addons
[Arma 1] SPON Core (including links to my other scripts)

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 06 Feb 2009, 15:45:54 »
thanks Spooner. That is stretching the idea bit for me. My intention was to provide an easily plugged in objective for mission makers. This was inspired by a mission where you had to cut the wires of the bomb. The whole thing was just text, and I thought something like this would add to the excitement. :)

I had the idea of adding a beeping sound but I spent way to much time on it and never heard a beep.
I also had the idea to make the bomb sway/shake so it was hard to disarm. I guess I could easily add a routine to make the mouse erratic while in the dialog but the wires are pretty far apart and I would need some wild swaying action.
Xbox Rocks

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 06 Feb 2009, 19:52:44 »
great idea ...  checking it out ... :good:
"HOLY SARDINE" - see Shark-Attack meet his match

Offline MRO204

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Re: HOZ_dabomb - Mission Objective Script (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #4 on: 20 Jul 2009, 12:02:32 »
Could this be made for Arma II also?  :good:

Forget that few edits to the mission,sqm and it all works perfect  :good:
« Last Edit: 20 Jul 2009, 12:30:07 by MRO204 »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: HOZ_dabomb - Mission Objective Script (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #5 on: 20 Jul 2009, 15:23:30 »
I did create a arma2 version here.
Xbox Rocks