Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [1-8 MP Coop] Operation Sabotage  (Read 12390 times)

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: [1-8 MP Coop] Operation Sabotage
« Reply #30 on: 16 Feb 2009, 16:23:39 »
I've never had that prob, anyway I'm adding an "assignascargo" in every unit's init field...

The boat should already be on to the destination while your viewing the cutscene. In this case the cut scene was over and the boat wasn't moving and there was a lot of confusion by the ai leader. especially after we bailed and respawned. The leader just sat there in the water waiting for us to board.

I didn't find that addon requirement in the mission sqm file...
Weird we keep getting that error...

By the time you get to that bmp factory we are ready for a change of scenery and switch to a different mission.
I don't understand what you mean exactly...

I mean the mission tends to get tiring after your done to the bmp factory and the tower, the battle is long and hard and once we get more then an hour into a mission we often run out of time or the aspiration to complete it.  In my case we only play two or 3 hours max and while thats plenty of time to finish your mission it doesn't leave time to review and beta test other missions. I guess what I'm getting at is the mission is simply too long for our tastes. Each time we try it, it gets longer and longer, like adding that extra trip in the boat, adding the multiple captives objectives and alternate evacs. You have lots of great ideas and have created very well done battles but I think you need to limit the timing.

Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #31 on: 16 Feb 2009, 18:20:58 »
I see!

And I understand that my missions can be long for you...
They are long because I like tough fights and adding some events to the basic scenario I fixed...
But I think, it can interest some other players to play one long mission with several objectives and then stop playing, just like watching a DVD or a game...

I laughed at your description of the intro of the mission!
I never had a problem at the begining of the mission, in the boat, or on the beach if you select "no!" in the lobby for the choice of viewing the intro.

You have a DKsmoke effects addon requirement
Do you think it can come from that line in the smoke script of the factory? (i erased of course the parameters)
Code: [Select]
_particleSource setParticleParams [["\Ca\Data\ParticleEffects\FireAndSmokeAnim\SmokeAnim.p3d"
You have lots of great ideas and have created very well done battles but I think you need to limit the timing.
Thanks and perhaps you're right for the timing, but the work to go back and supress the second part of the mission makes me afraid...
Anyway, I promised: next time, I'll do a shorter one!

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
« Reply #32 on: 16 Feb 2009, 18:30:29 »
if you have DMSmoke running while editing  a mission it will insert it automatically. Partical effects have nothing to do with that.
TS3 IP: tor.zebgames.com:9992

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #33 on: 16 Feb 2009, 19:33:14 »
Thanks and perhaps you're right for the timing, but the work to go back and supress the second part of the mission makes me afraid...
Anyway, I promised: next time, I'll do a shorter one!

I think it can be quite simple to break it into  2 parts. make a copy of the mission and then remove the first part. show a cut scene maybe of the previous battle a reminder of where you are. ;)

so far though the first part of the mission runs quite well, a big step since the first betas.
Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
Re: [1-8 MP Coop] Operation Sabotage V3
« Reply #34 on: 17 Feb 2009, 20:00:55 »
:DHere comes the version 3!! :D

No more long running across the island (but the first one)...
New random position for the adviser in Porto rather than in Largo, at the other side of the island...
New evac point at Porto's harbour! :good:

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #35 on: 23 Feb 2009, 04:54:23 »
Ok we replayed this again...

something we noticed...

On the battle back towards the start from the tower, many east guys had no guns, this is a sign they spent sometime in the water.

The battle once you get to the tower, I think the west respawn needs some more cover its very chaotic and I dunno how many times I died there but it was certainly taking its toll on other players.

The begining cut scene and landing is much better done now. Everything worked smooth.

You have a lot of hidden guys, well done on that painstaking work :)

The respawn after the tower is too far, and probably not needed. what might be nice to have is a respawn half way between the 2nd and the tower. maybe off the to the left.

We killed the prisoner again, hes in a bad spot, the objective didn't change any when we killed him.

I think you should consider a marker for the respawn, you can link it in the briefing and then update the marker pos when the respawn point changes and the briefing should be dynamic and move with it.

Still bordering on the long side but the newer evac point seemed to keep our interests this time around. 

Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #36 on: 23 Feb 2009, 08:47:43 »

:D New version 3-1with full radio voices! :D
(nosy voices: I'm sick, that's why I had time to do it!)
The respawn after the tower is too far, and probably not needed. what might be nice to have is a respawn half way between the 2nd and the tower. maybe off the to the left.
Let's be clear: there are 4 respawn points in the Version 3 you played:
- 1: in the middle of nowhere
- 2: up the hill with the machine guns nests, available once you get there
- 3: near the factory once it's destroyed
- 4: halfway between factory and harbour, where the adviser is...

I've understood that when you're talking about the tower, I'm talking about the factory, which is the main objective, am I wrong?
I'm adding a respawn point between 2 and 3, on the left of the trucks on the picture below...
The battle once you get to the tower, I think the west respawn needs some more cover
I'm moving the respawn near the factory in a more protected area...

many east guys had no guns, this is a sign they spent sometime in the water.
it's because they can't surf with a gun in their hands!
More seriously, I've seen that too, i've tried several things for those 3 squads on boats, disembarking oftenly too soon and swimming to the beach... I wish I could use/create (Argh!!) a script to give them their weapons back... I know one but it works only with players, not with AIs...

We killed the prisoner again, hes in a bad spot, the objective didn't change any when we killed him.
The prisoner near the factory is'nt important, he's just there to give you the info to get the second prisoner, i'm calling "the adviser"...
You can also have that info by an east group leader, surrendering if all members of his squad are dead...
If you kill both of these guys at the factory, the info about the adviser is given by the HQ.
I'ts only once you've destroyed the factory and got that info that the "adviser's objective" appears.
« Last Edit: 24 Feb 2009, 20:04:51 by fleepee »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #37 on: 18 Apr 2009, 23:49:12 »
IS this one ready for review now fleepee?
Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #38 on: 20 Apr 2009, 13:21:49 »
I've made some minor changes, i think that it's ready for review!
First post updated with version 3.2  :good:

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: [1-8 MP Coop] Operation Sabotage (review please)
« Reply #39 on: 02 May 2009, 03:24:52 »
We gave this a go last night.

We didn't find any problems all the objectives worked as they should.  2 people about 1h 10 mins.  Everything worked as expected.

Good job.   :good:
Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
Re: [1-8 MP Coop] Operation Sabotage (review please)
« Reply #40 on: 03 May 2009, 12:21:47 »
cool!
Glad to hear that!! ;)