- SQF script to simulate a radiation source which damages the units inside a certain area
- 3 .paa files for the HUD image
- Description.ext which contains definitions for images and sounds used by the script. If you already have your own Description.ext for your mission simpli copy/paste the definitions inside it.
- Sound folder containing GeigerCount.ogg file (Geiger Counter sound used by the script)
- A test mission (radTest.Intro folder)
- A Readme .txt file containing infos on the script usage.
This script aims to simulate a radiological hazard. It is thought to be used together with an area trigger activated by anyone and activated repeatedly. If a unit steps into the area trigger you can launch the script passing the trigger "thisList" as argument. The script arguments are an array of units, a radiation level represented by a real number and a matrix. Each element of the matrix is a two element array which contains a vehicle classname and a number which is the radiation damage percentage reduction. This allows you to shield a vehicle against radiation like in real life, for example MBT like T-72 and M1A1 are radiation shielded. You can find further infos on the usage in the "Readme.txt" file provided within the .zip file and in this topic in the ArmA editing section:http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=32707.0
The demo mission is very basic. You start with a USMC fire team. The radiation area is Rhamadi town (it is a 150x150 circle trigger). Try to step inside the radiation area (adjust the value in the activation field of the script, if the radiation level is too high you might die instantly, a good value for infantry is 0.025, it means your health will be damage by 2.5% per second). There is also a M1A1 MBT which can partially shield you against radiation if you are inside it (the script parameters are alredy set inside the trigger but you can modify them). When inside the radiation area you should hear the Geiger counter sound and both a HUD symbol and a warning message should be displayed.