Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Multiplayer Via LAN and Vista  (Read 1664 times)

Offline Mizilus

• Members
Multiplayer Via LAN and Vista
« on: 07 Jan 2009, 21:39:25 »
Hello,

I've searched your archives and don't see the problem I am having listed . I have spent literally months trying to figure this out on my own. And I'm sorry if this is a completely inappropriate question.

I recently (nearly a year now) got a new computer running Vista. After some fiddling around I got OFP GOTY edition installed on this thing, but I cannot play multiplayer via LAN. When I click multiplayer I get into the screen where you can create games and switch ports and all that, but when I click "new" nothing happens.

This really bugs me as I bought 3 copies of the game and had no trouble linking myself and two buddies via LAN when we all had XP computers. Now, all three of us have machines running Vista, but only one of us is able to get into multiplayer. Two of us are having the problem I am talking about.

I really like OFPEC and have used the resources here for quite a while and it has proved to be invaluable. I just wish I could access all the multiplayer missions I have created with this new computer.

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: Multiplayer Via LAN and Vista
« Reply #1 on: 07 Jan 2009, 22:25:33 »
If it were me I would make sure your firewall/AV in vista (sorry don't know alot about vista) isn't blocking the ports.
« Last Edit: 08 Jan 2009, 01:58:19 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks

Offline Mizilus

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 09 Jan 2009, 20:34:52 »
Sorry about the completely off-topic post.

Yeah. I have made a bit of progress by changing the port to 2235. I thought I had it licked, but no joy.

My friend and I tried for a couple hours to work our way through the completely non user friendly Vista networking garbage. It really irks me that I was able to do this on XP with absolutely no experience with networking or LAN or anything else in no time at all.

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jan 2009, 19:29:52 »
are you able to disable the firewall in vista or any av software?
Xbox Rocks