Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Actions not working in dedi MP either?  (Read 1448 times)

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
Actions not working in dedi MP either?
« on: 06 Dec 2008, 17:45:35 »
Ehh, me again.

I was testing out my MP mission on a dedicated server and a weird thing I have found is this.

Player gets an action, but when pushed/used does not affect the game at all. The script had a simple publicVariable command that should have fired off a trigger.

MyVariable = true
publicVariable "MyVariable"
exit

That, strangely enough does not work.

After some serious frustration I decided to do a what I thought was a failsafe action script. In the script it only says: dummy1 setdamage 1. dummy1 is a soldier unit.
A trigger then has the condition: ! (alive dummy1). To my awful surprise this barbaric method didn't work either.

Needless to say is that everything works in the editor.

Is it completely impossible to affect the game in dedi MP with client side scripts. I'm confused. When you can't even kill a unit with a client script... what can you do?

Laggy
« Last Edit: 06 Dec 2008, 17:53:30 by laggy »
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline i0n0s

• Former Staff
Re: Actions not working in dedi MP either?
« Reply #1 on: 06 Dec 2008, 18:00:19 »
Opened the editor, placed down a player. Added to init-line:
Code: [Select]
this addAction ["Kill him!", "killhim.sqf"];where "killhim.sqf":
dummy1 setDamage 1;Then created a second unit in front of me named "dummy1". Created a trigger with activation: repeatedly,
condition:
!(alive dummy1)onActivation:
hint "You killed dummy1!"Exported the map, created a dedicated server, joined that server, used the action and everything works as it should.

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
Re: Actions not working in dedi MP either?
« Reply #2 on: 06 Dec 2008, 18:04:49 »
Back again,

I did everything just like you except this:

Trigger:
OnActivation: ortega removeaction 0; "2" objStatus "DONE"; leader heroes sideradio "shortradio"; leader heroes sidechat "Intel Files taken."

It still doesn't work ???

Was dummy1 part of your group?

Laggy

I had a weird problem with my parameter intros not working as well.

See: http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=32630.0

That was fixed by using a newer PBO tool.
Wonder if the reason for these problems were my old PBO tools. Will get back on this.

Laggy
« Last Edit: 08 Dec 2008, 21:54:41 by laggy »
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.