Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Camera view in Dialog & Multiple waypoint clicks on map  (Read 1180 times)

Offline myWay

• Members
Hi all!

I'm doing something about a UAV control dialog. In the GUI of the dialog, i want it in a way that it have a 2D map, buttons to control the plane and also the camera view of the UAV.

I would like to ask if it's possible to load a camera view in a dialog interface? What and where to code it? And also can the camera view change it's size to the size i want and not the full screen view. The camera view can be fixed without any control to it. Anyone has any idea how to do it?

Thank you all in advance! :D

« Last Edit: 30 Oct 2008, 09:25:35 by myWay »

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
Re: Camera view in Dialog
« Reply #1 on: 30 Oct 2008, 06:29:59 »
You can happily mess around with camera views while looking at a dialog. No different to when you aren't in a dialog.

You can't resize the camera as such, but what you can do is have a full-screen dialog with a little hole (think of a stencil) in it to make it look as the camera is small.

(You do know that there are is least one full implementation of a UAV released, including models? Just telling you in case you weren't aware of that).
« Last Edit: 30 Oct 2008, 06:33:58 by Spooner »
[Arma 2] CBA: Community Base Addons
[Arma 1] SPON Core (including links to my other scripts)

Offline myWay

• Members
Re: Camera view in Dialog
« Reply #2 on: 30 Oct 2008, 09:24:04 »
Oh i see :yes:...becuase i was thinking if it is possible to be done. Yup...i have seen the UAV control coding before.Thanks alot! :D

By the way, i have another question. I've tried a scripting command called onMapSingleClick which is working fine. Is there any possiblity that we can do by clicking [multiple waypoints / having a point to click function] on the map in the dialog instead of doing it on the Real time editor?

Thanks once again! :)
« Last Edit: 30 Oct 2008, 09:27:06 by myWay »

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
Re: Camera view in Dialog & Multiple waypoint clicks on map
« Reply #3 on: 30 Oct 2008, 17:09:29 »
Well, making a generic system like that would be taxing, but a simple, mission-specific one could be implemented. You know where the player has clicked (onMapSingleClick) and you can add waypoints using commands.

You might like to look at CoC CeX which is a system more geared towards use for commanding in-game use than the real time editors (which are more geared towards having a single game-moderator having complete access to every aspect of the game).
[Arma 2] CBA: Community Base Addons
[Arma 1] SPON Core (including links to my other scripts)