Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Falklands Mod Progress  (Read 83053 times)

Offline KevBaz

• Members
Re:Falklands Mod Progress
« Reply #405 on: 24 Sep 2003, 00:27:36 »
Been a while scine we updated here

Quick bit of news

The site has had a makeover, and is now sporting a grand new design.

Cheers

http://Http://www.flashpoint1982.co.uk

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #406 on: 03 Oct 2003, 19:12:07 »
We had a few problems with the new site, but all is well again and weve posted some new screenies to tease yer all a bit more ;)

cheers

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #407 on: 06 Oct 2003, 23:58:31 »
We have just released our first Teaser Trailer, check out the site for links

Cheers
KevBaz

Falklands War Mod

Offline CBFASI

• Contributing Member
  • Endure All
    • CBFASI's Homepage
« Reply #408 on: 07 Oct 2003, 14:26:46 »
Heres a few more piccies from South Georgia, South Atlantic
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

An great view in a valley to the north of Grytviken.

The 'hills' above Grytviken, from here you can look over both Grytviken and King Edward Point, the major battle arena of this location.

King Edward Point, still not complete but certainly improves every time I add more to it, rocks will be changed to ones with a more wintery look to them whenI get round to it.  Oh thats the entrance the Argentine Corvette ARA Guericco stormed through, only to get hit a few times by AT rockets which caused enough damage to require dry docking to fix.  We still lost this particular battle, without any casualties

Type 21 tied up at King Edward POint, with a small Gemini passing by.
CBF Shipbuilding

Bruce Banner

« Reply #409 on: 10 Oct 2003, 14:39:22 »
I spy a Linx  :o

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #410 on: 16 Oct 2003, 22:55:17 »
I spy a Linx

you do indeed ;)

Torak

« Reply #411 on: 17 Oct 2003, 00:37:20 »
That's looking great! My one gripe would be the textures; they look really nice in the distance, but close up they look a bit odd.

Ash

« Reply #412 on: 17 Oct 2003, 01:15:58 »
If you are talking about the type 21 then you are correct as the texturing is very alpha  :)

Torak

« Reply #413 on: 17 Oct 2003, 12:11:29 »
No, I meant the textures on the ground (pic 3) and on the jetty (pic 4). I'm not sure why, maybe they're just a bit too clear, or too small....

Offline CBFASI

• Contributing Member
  • Endure All
    • CBFASI's Homepage
« Reply #414 on: 20 Oct 2003, 23:40:45 »
Thanks for the observations..

It hasnt helped that the original images were 1600x1200 and have been re-sized to put in various forums.

Almost every object seen in those pics is currently carrying alpha textures particulary that dock as its one of my original objects from over a year ago now.

There is little more I can do to fix the slight patterning in the ground textures, tis a side affect from the way I put the textures together.  When on the ground its not so noticable, mainly as your busy fighting.
CBF Shipbuilding

Ash

« Reply #415 on: 21 Oct 2003, 01:09:30 »
No, I meant the textures on the ground (pic 3) and on the jetty (pic 4). I'm not sure why, maybe they're just a bit too clear, or too small....

When you see them in the final release you'll realise how beautiful they really are....

Don't go by the pics... See for yourself when its finished and you'll agree  :)

Torak

« Reply #416 on: 21 Oct 2003, 14:34:15 »
Yeah, they look absolutely magnificent in the distance, and fairly nice close up, it's just in the middle distance that they tile a bit. Perhaps making the patterns on them a bit less obvious would help? They're fairly high-contrast, after all...

But yes, they are stunning at a distance.

Torak

« Reply #417 on: 21 Oct 2003, 14:34:57 »
Besides, anything that gives me an SLR and a Gimpy has got to be good. Will Pucaras be appearing?

Ash

« Reply #418 on: 21 Oct 2003, 15:31:16 »
Besides, anything that gives me an SLR and a Gimpy has got to be good. Will Pucaras be appearing?

Good god yes :)

You not see the trailer with the pucaras?

Torak

« Reply #419 on: 21 Oct 2003, 18:15:02 »
No, when did it appear?

<<sits back and wishes for damage models that will allow me to replicate that photo from after the SAS raid on Pebble Island...>>

As a publicity still you should do a copy of that one with the RM patrol walking away from camera.. you know, the one with the Union flag on the radio antenna? I've got a scan of it somewhere...