Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [Co04] Steal the car - Bagango Edition  (Read 4140 times)

Offline W0lle

• CWR

Alright, my first review request here.

The mission has been released a while now and looking at the title you might say the idea is pretty old.

True. Your SF team must go into Bagango and steal the UAZ from an highranking SLA officer which is currently in town.
The problem is, no one knows where in Bagango the car is located at. You have to search the town for it.
Next problem, the town might be full of patrols today with this officer in town.

Other than that, the mission is pretty much the same then in back in the old OFP days: Go in, grab the car, get out and report at your officer.
Sometimes it's really as easy as it sounds, but most of the times...  :whistle:

Mission features:
- Selectable time (Day, night or random)
- Random weather conditions
- UAZ can be in 19 different positions
- Random amount of UAZ guards
- Dynamic AI creator used for patrols in and around Bagango
- Weapon selection in briefing

With all this random stuff, the mission is different each time you play it.

OFPEC Download
« Last Edit: 25 Feb 2009, 16:21:07 by hoz »
CWR III Project Leader

Offline Zipper5

• BIS Team
Re: [Co04] Steal the car - Bagango Edition
« Reply #1 on: 31 Aug 2008, 10:25:36 »
I'll try to get a couple of guys on to test this as well, mate. Expect a beta report afterward. :)

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
Re: [Co04] Steal the car - Bagango Edition
« Reply #2 on: 31 Aug 2008, 13:58:31 »
W0lle, please follow the standards for you topic title.

More specifically, the mission requires addons (and QG). Meant for knock knock mission
« Last Edit: 31 Aug 2008, 18:47:43 by Cheetah »
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: [Co04] Steal the car - Bagango Edition (review please)
« Reply #3 on: 29 Oct 2008, 20:14:14 »
Played this mission last night... and I already passed on some info to W0lle.. but here are a few more things...

Briefing should include a picture.
The starting postition marker is incorrect, since the the starting position is random during the briefing part this marker is always out of place. Might want to hide the marker or mark all the random spots and then highlight that area once you begin. I dunno of any other work arounds.
Ammo box was missing M203 grenades.

The AI seem to board the UAZ your trying to capture and drive off. it can even lead to blowing up the uaz. In this case the mission should end in failure. It was not on common for us to capture a east uaz with mgun and use that vehicle, once and a while we got carried away and took the car out. :)

Xbox Rocks

Offline W0lle

• CWR
« Reply #4 on: 04 Nov 2008, 21:34:49 »
Cheers for the review. Finally found some time to do the necessary fixes.

I tried to add a picture to the briefing, even though it was supposed to be centered it either was on the left or it was centered but no more text was visible or both. Wasted too much time with this issue - screw it.  :)

The "ammobox" aka gear selection while briefing contains now M203 grenades as well as a M249.

AI never was supposed to borrow the target UAZ, and I never experienced that they did but I changed the config now so they don't use any empty vehicles at all. So the issue should be fixed.

The starting position marker is now hidden until the mission started (and the starting position is determined).

Update: New version 1.02 is finally uploaded, see link in first post.
« Last Edit: 07 Nov 2008, 16:26:31 by W0lle »
CWR III Project Leader

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 08 Nov 2008, 06:44:34 »
It plays much better without the AI taking off in the UAZ now. Good Job  :good:
Xbox Rocks

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
« Reply #6 on: 10 Nov 2008, 04:46:52 »
Intro: None. I don't mind that because it is meant to be a quick and dirty mission.

Briefing: To the point. Get the general's car with his papers in it. Links work.

Game Play: Don't get to comfortable spawning from a certain spot. Odds are you wont start there the next round. The replayability is well done because you can remain with your main load out, silenced, or go with loud bangers. The random weather and time of day option doesn't add to much to the game play experience but is a nice function.

Suggestion(s):
1) Hand Grenades in load out. You have the M203 might as well, right?
2) Throw a couple of bad guys in some houses next to windows
3) A quick fly over the city with a cam and that same title screen would be nice. I think you didn't want to add a intro because it might expose to much?
4) Maybe you could implement the dual rifle script?

I would give it a overall score of a 6/10.
TS3 IP: tor.zebgames.com:9992

Offline W0lle

• CWR
« Reply #7 on: 18 Nov 2008, 22:43:23 »
Thanks for checking it out Ironman.

Suggestion 1 and 2 I can add, no problem.

Having a quick fly by over Bangango is... difficult. First because you might see the units being spawned by DAC and 2nd it might reveal the location of the UAZ.

Dual rifle script... never heard about it  :-[ but if its MP compatible I see no reason why not adding it.

My main problem is that I'm so busy with real life, CWR, mission design and betatesting for other mods I simply have not enough time left to care about the mission at this point.
I surely will implement your suggestions (and others that may come) and release the next version - for review then hopefully - asap.
CWR III Project Leader

Offline ckclaw

• Members
« Reply #8 on: 19 Nov 2008, 00:18:27 »
Dual Rifle script can be found here = http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/index.php?action=details&id=415&game=ArmA  :D :D

Btw had a quick go with the mission but i need more players for proper test!  :)

Offline W0lle

• CWR
Re: [Co04] Steal the car - Bagango Edition (please review)
« Reply #9 on: 05 Dec 2008, 19:48:14 »
Okay so I added some snipers in 'suitable locations', some with a 50% chance of appearance. Kegs' Spectating script is addded and the gear selection has some more weapons (M4 SPR and G36C) as well as more ammo (Handgrenades, Smokeshells).

I've done all this between all the other tasks which keep me buys these days. Unfortunately that 2nd rifle script takes too much attention to implement it correctly, I have no time to deal with that, sorry. If someone really wants to have it in, feel free to edit the mission to your needs (as long as proper credit is given).
CWR III Project Leader

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
Re: [Co04] Steal the car - Bagango Edition (please review)
« Reply #10 on: 06 Dec 2008, 21:55:51 »
Well thanks for responding to my suggestions. The dual rifle script was just a suggestion you don't need to implement it. I believe Cheetah will be looking at this more.
TS3 IP: tor.zebgames.com:9992