Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: CTI_SectorLink Help  (Read 7718 times)

Offline USM-CPT.Dyson

• Members
Re: CTI_SectorLink Help
« Reply #15 on: 05 Jul 2008, 03:45:44 »
Well this is weird I remember posting but i no longer see it, and u just replied to it lol. Ah the Kamov is going to have the exact same capabilities as your default Cobra. The only difference is that I need all the controls on the pilot.

Message that was posted in wrong thread

Thanks Mando and thanks Spooner (especially with getting you other scripts into my mission). So far, in non battle MP testing, all scripts are running great. I ran into an issue a while back with mando missile "Show Ordnance" action, but it seems to be fixed. I think it was because of my init file being such a mess. Also, Mando hitch would leave me with 2 actions to "Pick up", but I also think it's okay now.

Now it's time for the OPFOR side, which is all set-up now EXCEPT for the Su34, Su34B, and Kamov. Mando, I want the gunner to have to target and fire, leaving the pilot with the use of flares. And of course there is only 1 gunner in the Kamov. He needs control over everything. And set-up suggestions as far as the ketset files?
« Last Edit: 05 Jul 2008, 17:15:44 by USM-CPT.Dyson »
CTI SectorLink
Version: Beta 7
http://hosted.filefront.com/Spyder001/

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #16 on: 05 Jul 2008, 04:43:06 »
Well, you posted in another thread, I replied here. Actually I have several "default cobras" while you can build as many different types as needed. You can see them in mando_target.sara demo mission:
- Hellfire, boresight lock.
- Hellfire guided with scripted laser designator.
- Hellfire LOBL guided with scripted laser designator (the missile first climbs and later dives over the target).
- TOW, manually guided.
Aside of these AG weapons you may add also AA missiles and countermeasures.

Offline USM-CPT.Dyson

• Members
« Reply #17 on: 05 Jul 2008, 06:47:39 »
Well I'm currently using the lobl set up. So how do I get that to be used by the pilot?
CTI SectorLink

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #18 on: 05 Jul 2008, 10:13:32 »
Check the second argument here, which is the same as second argument of mando_assignlaser_by_type.sqf.sqf (0 > driver, 1 > gunner).

Offline USM-CPT.Dyson

• Members
« Reply #19 on: 05 Jul 2008, 20:39:28 »
Wow that helped a whole lot! Now I understand what I'm writing. I'll look at the example airwar3.Sara for what I'm going to do with the Su-34. I tried an assign by name, got the pilot to have flares, no luck for the gunner yet.
CTI SectorLink

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #20 on: 05 Jul 2008, 21:14:57 »
For Su34 there might be a better example here: mma_air_combat.sara.zip attachment in the first post.

Offline USM-CPT.Dyson

• Members
« Reply #21 on: 06 Jul 2008, 03:51:08 »
Oh my eyes. It looks so much different the what i have for everything in my init. LoL thanks for the help, again.
CTI SectorLink

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #22 on: 06 Jul 2008, 11:23:19 »
mma_air_combat setup is for AI and players, designed also to be used in aircraft addons. You may use the setup of air war also, but it is for players only.

Offline USM-CPT.Dyson

• Members
« Reply #23 on: 08 Jul 2008, 02:40:33 »
Thanks Mando, I'll just use the init lines from airwar until I decide to add AI to my CTI.

Could someone please help me with a scripted objective system. I have no idea what commands I need to use. I've looked in the COMREF but I don't know much to start with!!!

Okay now that I have calmed down. First thing I want is to not have to require me to use multiple triggers per objective. Id rather place triggers, and then write a .sqs to do all the work. First I need to know what commands to use to detect if OPFOR and BLUFOR are present. Anybody?
« Last Edit: 08 Jul 2008, 17:31:40 by USM-CPT.Dyson »
CTI SectorLink

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #24 on: 08 Jul 2008, 21:09:01 »
if you dont want to use triggers, then you may use vehicles array, this special array contains all the units present in the mission so:
Code: [Select]
if (({side _x == west} count vehicles) > 0) then {hint "WEST units are present in the map";};
You also may create triggers inside a script and then check their lists of units:
// _pos = position of the trigger, _maxrange = radius of the trigger
   _trigger = createTrigger ["EmptyDetector", _pos];

_trigger setTriggerActivation ["WEST", "PRESENT", false];
   _trigger setTriggerArea [_maxrange, _maxrange, 0, false];
   _trigger setTriggerType "NONE";
   _trigger setTriggerStatements ["this", "", ""];
   _trigger setTriggerTimeout [0, 0, 0, false ];
   Sleep 1;
   if ((count list _trigger) > 0) then
   {
      hint "WEST units are present in the area";
   };
   deleteVehicle _trigger;

Offline USM-CPT.Dyson

• Members
« Reply #25 on: 08 Jul 2008, 22:17:43 »
Thanks, I'm also now looking into your Power Balance script (Spooner pointed it out). Is this correst for multiple triggers, cause it keeps counting units in the trigger tr_2.

checkbalance.sqf

_balance = [tr_1, 10, 20, 1, 2, 1] call mando_getbalance
_balance = [tr_2, 10, 20, 1, 2, 1] call mando_getbalance
;Time to show the results
hint format["Trigger's area power distribution:\n\nBLUFOR power: %1\nOFPOR power: %2\nIndependent power: %3\nCivilian power: %4\n\nBLUFOR ratio: %5\nOPFOR ratio: %6\nIndependent ratio: %7\nCivilian ratio: %8\n\nWinners: %9", _balance select 0,_balance select 1,_balance select 2,_balance select 3,_balance select 4,_balance select 5,_balance select 6,_balance select 7,_balance select 8]
exit

CTI SectorLink

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #26 on: 08 Jul 2008, 22:58:14 »
You might also modify mando_getbalance.sqf to accept a list of units instead of a trigger.
Just remove _units = list _trigger; and change _trigger     = _this select 0; by _units     = _this select 0;
and then just pass an array of unit to the function.

Offline USM-CPT.Dyson

• Members
« Reply #27 on: 09 Jul 2008, 01:57:04 »
_balance = [?What goes here?, 10, 20, 1, 2, 1] call mando_getbalance
;Time to show the results
hint format["Trigger's area power distribution:\n\nBLUFOR power: %1\nOFPOR power: %2\nIndependent power: %3\nCivilian power: %4\n\nBLUFOR ratio: %5\nOPFOR ratio: %6\nIndependent ratio: %7\nCivilian ratio: %8\n\nWinners: %9", _balance select 0,_balance select 1,_balance select 2,_balance select 3,_balance select 4,_balance select 5,_balance select 6,_balance select 7,_balance select 8]
exit
CTI SectorLink

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #28 on: 09 Jul 2008, 10:12:12 »
By default, there goes the name of a trigger covering the area you want to check, but if you change the code following my indications above, then that first parameter would be just an array of units. They way you use to fill up that array would be up to you and the check balance function will use these units instead of the units present within the area of a trigger.

Offline USM-CPT.Dyson

• Members
« Reply #29 on: 13 Jul 2008, 16:15:11 »
Could you post the codes because I'm not understanding this. I'm also going to be have many of these triggers, they will need to be taken in the correct order per side. The goal is to take all points (which have their own markers with changeable colors).
CTI SectorLink