Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Balistic Addon Studios presents the M/AH-6 Littlebird-RELEASED!!!  (Read 22186 times)

Tigershark

With a huge effort last week from SelectThis we have managed to get this puppy ready. Release date is most likely tomorrow (I'm going through last minute testing tonight).

A word on the release. ST, myself and ofpeditor have tested this extensively. We think we have caught everything. But there will be a few bugs and other things we may improve upon and refine which means there will be a version 2 release.

In particular we have created one helo that might be technically known as a MELB. But it lacks a 6 bladed rotor and 4 bladed tail rotor. However we will continue to refine these over time.

Another discussion point may be the mounted Mp5 we incorporated. We discussed this and during playtesting we found the MH6 a little vulnerable. So we added a Mp5 mounted variant to simulate the copilot being able to fire out the window.

This is not strictly realistic or standard procedure (my highly credible sources tell me this was a unique situation that occured during Somalia and not standard practice) but for gameplay purposes this may work?@due to the helo being so vulnerable. We are looking for peoples opinions on it after they playtest it for themselves.

However, this is a great foundation for us to build upon and we want to share our efforts with the community. This will be our first release ever....so we really wanted to get it right. I think the wait will be worth it and this will be the Littlebird that sets the standard in the community. It's the little things that count.

From the readme:
====================

This addon should work with both OFP and OFP:Resistance.

ADDED UNITS:
Name - classname -weapon/magazine name

MH6 - bas_mh6-unarmed

MH6 Armed - bas_mh6a-wpn:bashkmounted/mag: bashkmounted

AH6 Gunship - bas_ah6j-wpn: basM134MiniGun, baszuni14/mag: basM134MiniGun, baszuni14

AH6 Multi Purpose - bas_ah6mp-wpn:basM134MiniGun, baszuni7, basah6helllauncher/mag: basM134MiniGun, baszuni7, basah6helllauncher

MD500D TOW - bas_md500dtow-wpn: basah6towlauncher/mag: basah6towlauncher

SOAR Pilot - bassoarpilot-Wpn: HK, NVGoggles/Mags: HK, handgrenades

NOTE: SOAR Pilot is ALL NEW MODEL. It is not the SOAR pilot included with the TJP DAP and MH-47E. This PBO will also be used by future 160th SOAR helos like the MH-60L and MH-47E

Package will be aroun 5mg-6mg zipped.

Get ready to go Ballistic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: 29 Oct 2002, 11:25:01 by Tigershark »

Tigershark

Re:Balistic Addon Studios presents the M/AH-6 Littlebird
« Reply #1 on: 28 Oct 2002, 06:26:21 »
Forgot to mention

The new units will be available under a custom vehicle class called BAS Special Ops - Vehicles

Offline bugkill

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: 28 Oct 2002, 09:06:32 »
tiger,

sent you an IM concerning the new pilot model, please check it out.

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #3 on: 28 Oct 2002, 11:58:31 »
is the pilot in a desert colour uniform this time???

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #4 on: 29 Oct 2002, 00:00:37 »
Why not make a pilot in Desert and Woodland?  ;)

Chomps

« Reply #5 on: 29 Oct 2002, 01:03:54 »
I am sure when they create their US Special Forces units, they will make different camos for all the men.  Correct me if I am wrong.

contraz0rz

« Reply #6 on: 29 Oct 2002, 02:39:34 »
why is the mp5 silenced?

Eviscerator

« Reply #7 on: 29 Oct 2002, 03:24:05 »
probably because its the HK model from the game

contraz0rz

« Reply #8 on: 29 Oct 2002, 04:04:08 »
imo it shouldnt be silenced.

Eviscerator

« Reply #9 on: 29 Oct 2002, 04:19:55 »
well, the SOAR pilots have silenced MP5's so it looks like they are using their personal guns...

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
« Reply #10 on: 29 Oct 2002, 04:49:43 »
The Mp5 version will indeed use a supressed gun. I have recoded it so it is the old tjp mp5 from our previous addons. Why didn't I do a non-silenced version?

couple of reasons....

1) as Evis said the Mp5 "mounted" on the MH6 is meant to simulate the co-pilot grabbing his personal weapon and shooting out the door.

2) The pilots are using the suppressed Mp3 with single, burst and auto mode. The MH6 "mounted" only has auto as the AI has problems deciding what fire mode to use- ie it works better just having the auto mode.

3) I don't have the time to remodel a non-supressed HK model to use on the LBs and pilots.. plus add muzzle flashes etc to everything (the nam pack needs to be finished sometime this century)

anyway, there is a unarmed version of the MH6 if you think the MP5 is unrealistic. :)

SelectThis

Frandsen

« Reply #11 on: 29 Oct 2002, 04:50:58 »
I am sure when they create their US Special Forces units, they will make different camos for all the men.  Correct me if I am wrong.

yes there will be different camos on the (seal based) Delta Force for BAS that im gonna make

contraz0rz

« Reply #12 on: 29 Oct 2002, 04:54:10 »
I didn't think the mp5 was unrealistic I just had questions about it being silenced, thanks for answering those. I await the release :D

PV

« Reply #13 on: 29 Oct 2002, 04:55:30 »
it doesn't work with 1.75? argh

Chomps

« Reply #14 on: 29 Oct 2002, 04:57:57 »
it doesn't work with 1.75? argh

Really?  ???