Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Night Frog  (Read 3205 times)

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
(Review Completed) [SP] Night Frog
« on: 04 Jan 2008, 19:17:15 »
Night Frog
Version: 1.01

Type: SP
Addons: none

Mission Summary:
Destroy the Colonel's precious tank!
« Last Edit: 31 Oct 2008, 13:53:26 by bedges »
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline mathias_eichinger

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
Re: [SP] Night Frog
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jan 2008, 21:46:34 »
Hi Cheetah, here`s my test

Overview

Does not contain a picture, as always, I suggest to use the promo pic as overview pic.

Briefing

A very short one. I would like to have a "Exfil Zone" defined, because "move away from the outpost" is very vague.

Mission

A funny little mission, it was not so hard to get to the outpost, but I had a few interesting firefights before finding the T72 and driving off. Fortunately, you did not lock the tank, because tank-abduction is always much fun, as you feel invicible after all that sneaky stuff as a Black Op. Then I drove off, almost as fas as Corazol, got out and blew the tank up. The "steal" objective was ticked off, but not the "move away" one. The mission only ended when I closed in on my insertion point. I think you need to make it clearer for the player where to go. Back to the IP? Or just very far away and the end takes a while to kick in?

Conclusion

A nice little Black Op missions that is slightly challenging. Well worth the download and playing time.

Keep up the good work!

Mathias

Offline Rellikki

• Members
  • Die-hard OFP player
« Reply #2 on: 13 Jan 2008, 04:40:40 »
Played with ArmA v.1.09 Beta + Queen's Gambit, TrueMods and Lowplants. Veteran difficulty.

Package
The package has everything it needs.

Overview
The overview is good, but it could use an image.

Briefing
The briefing seems fine. As it is an SF mission, you should add some selectable weapons in the gear selection. Would add some more fun...

Mission
I wanted to complete this mission quick, so I took the motorcycle and followed the road to the outpost. I spotted a two man patrol on my way and ran them over... I parked my bike pretty close to the outpost in the north. Obviosly the enemies heard me and went after me, so I holded my position there for a while and shot any incoming enemies.

I saw the tank sticking out from the barn, so I ran there as the situation calmed, planted some satchels and blew them up. I then quickly boarded my bike and drived away.
The radio message in the end should be "Night Frog Here", instead of "Here Night Frog". ;)

Debriefing
Completed the mission with 16 infantry kills + the tank. Duration 4 minutes.

Summary
It was a good infiltration mission. I had great fun dodging the bullets with my motorcycle as I drived in there. :D Should be enjoyable when infiltrating *properly* too.

Offline wcrvieira

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 24 Feb 2008, 07:52:40 »
Night Frog by Cheetah
a beta-test by NBSVieiraPT

Information
Armed Assault v1.09.5208, Veteran difficulty, AI expert. Using Truemods and Chammy's Sound Mod.

Package
Fine. Promo pic is present and the readme is concise but has everything the player needs to know.

Overview: Lacks a picture. The text is too short.

Intro: N/A

Briefing
Plan: For a SF mission lacks a ton of information. Specially what those question marks are!
Notes: Again, too simple.
Gear: Would be good some gear selection.
Map: Fine. Still don't know what these question marks are.

Mission:
Started in the dark around 2 clicks from the target when an AI civilian approaches me. No worries, he doesn't even care I am there.
Headed towards the objective heading NW, left from the road. Avoided the question mark location and proceeded to the outpost, however I spotted some patrols and an UAZ. I decide to flank the objective and strike from the forest behind it, so I circle around the outpost, calmly timing patrol times and waypoints. A damn patrol had me stuck without moving for almost 2 minutes so I wasn't spotted.
Stormed the barn right from North of the barn gate (tank's front), waited until 2 men patrol turned their backs to it, and the other patrol just East of it was also looking somewhere else and I got in the barn. Planted the satchel and tried to get out, but some loon shot me in the back through the barn boxes! (cheater!) [Retry]

[Retry#1]
Used same memo and stormed again the barn from same location. However this time I went to the right side of the barn. Planted the satchel and tried to get out. But as soon as I stepped outside it a patrol almost saw me and I figured it would be extremely hard to time the patrols again from the inside, with no eyes on target. So I picked up the tank, headed to the insertion point and blew it up!
Headed to the forest South from the IP and both objectives ticked and mission was sucessful.

Outro: N/A

Debriefing: Perfect score. Not a single shot fired. Only one loon killed in the truck escape.

Closing comments:
Loved the mission! Patrols were just right, the target location was great too, helped a lot the defense. Maybe my approach was a bit different from the other players but I really like recon/stealth and I only shoot if actually required to.
No glitches, beside the briefing and overview that would make it perfect, maybe only a matter of opinion but well... the overview pic should be added though!
Nice job! :good:
« Last Edit: 24 Feb 2008, 07:56:07 by NBSVieiraPT »

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #4 on: 28 Feb 2008, 20:36:06 »
Hi Cheetah.

I Played the mission a couple of times and had fun doing it.

First through infiltration by foot from the south, which turned out to be really hard. I died about twenty times pinned down in the low ground about 50 meters south of the farm. Once I tried to make a run for it, killed off some infantry and sprinted for the southern barn, in which I arrogantly thought I could barricade myself and pick off any incoming AI. To my surprise, mixed excitment and dissapointment I got shot dead by a soldier in the barn, waiting for me on the second floor.

Then I tried a quick "chock attack" by motorcycle which turned out to be way to easy in my opinion. Almost seemed like a remnance of your own mission testing to finish faster. You know like when you use "setcaptive true" on the player to be able to walk around freely and check if all the triggers work properly. I literally drove into the barn and switched vehicle to the tank and drove off, while the guarding units kept shooting my motorcycle instead (like they have a tradition of doing in OFP). I drove back to the insertion point and blew up the tank, then moved further south to finish the mission.

Things I think should be changed:
*Get rid of the motorcycle, it makes the mission too easy if the player tries it.
*When I blew up the tank at my insertion point an alarm went off somewhere else (I guess in the outpost) which seemed unlogical.
*Last objective "Move away from the outpost" is too vague. I moved back to the insertion point which should be safe I guess, but had to keep on going to finish the mission.

Suggestions:
*Add some team members. This will match the enemy forces better and add the complexity of leading a stealth mission.
*Make the mission travel distance a little bit longer, to increase the feeling of covert mission. Some enemy activity on the way could be good.
*If it is the colonels tank, maybe a helicopter and/or tracking teams could be activated when you steal the tank. just to add more stress in the extraction.

Keep up the good work.

Laggy
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
Re: [SP] Night Frog (review please)
« Reply #5 on: 15 Apr 2008, 18:02:57 »
Mission updated. Ready for review.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline wcrvieira

• Former Staff
Re: [SP] Night Frog (review please)
« Reply #6 on: 16 Apr 2008, 00:24:15 »
I'll take this one mate

----

Review Completed.

Ready for discussion now that that is over ;).
« Last Edit: 05 Sep 2008, 18:58:35 by Cheetah »