Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Last Stand  (Read 3064 times)

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
(Review Completed) [SP] Last Stand
« on: 04 Jan 2008, 19:16:30 »
Last Stand
Version: 1.01

Type: SP
Addons: none

Mission Summary:
The SLA has encircled us, reinforcements are nearby, the SLA is closer.

OFPEC Review
« Last Edit: 20 Aug 2009, 17:27:18 by hoz »
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline mathias_eichinger

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
Re: [SP] Last Stand
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jan 2008, 13:59:44 »
Hi there!

Overview

Just a short one, I would like to see the promo pic used as an Overview pic, because it is quite nice.

Intro

Not available (No frills).

Briefing

Short and to the point, as this is a desperate situation there is no need for a extensive story, just a fight for survival.

Mission

This mission is really great fun. The fortifications are well laid out, there are many sandbags for cover and the hills as well as the ruins have ammo supplies, everything one needs. I took position on Hill 180, but felt overwhelmed rather quickly, so I retreated back to the ruins where I fought until the reinforcements arrive. I had only one gripe: The medic in the ruins was lying at the base of the stairs, so the upper floor was denied to me.

Conclusion

Amazing how much fun a mission delivers that has only been designed in 2 hours

Recommendations

*Position the medic in the ruins away from the stairs.
*A medic tent would be cool just in case none of the medic soldiers survives.

Keep up the good work!

Mathias

Offline Rellikki

• Members
  • Die-hard OFP player
Re: [SP] Last Stand
« Reply #2 on: 13 Jan 2008, 04:21:10 »
Played with ArmA v.1.09 Beta + Queen's Gambit, TrueMods and Lowplants. Veteran difficulty.

Package
The package has everything it needs.

Overview
The overview is good, but it could use an image.

Briefing
The briefing is fine, apart from some intel. Tell about the enemy and what the player needs to get ready for! :P

Mission
I placed my AI into position. I saw the BMP coming from the desert and unloading its cargo. I went to shoot it with my M136 (I took it from one of my team members) before it causes any harm. The base then got under attack from the west. The gunner from the hill 176's MG got shot, so I took his position and started firing... Soon hill 180 got over run and some enemy snipers started insulting us from the north. I took defensive positions from the 2nd floor of the building and killed some incoming enemies from there. I then got a message that reinforcements would be coming...
After some minutes of holding positions, some friendly tanks came from the north. Mission completed.

Debriefing
Completed the mission with 39 infantry kills and a BMP. Duration 14 minutes. One friendly casualty.

Summary
I actually liked this mission. The attack was done pretty well - I always had to run somewhere to help. I also like that spot on the map and I was hoping that someone would make a defending mission around it and you did. :)

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
Re: [SP] Last Stand (please review)
« Reply #3 on: 22 Feb 2008, 16:24:24 »
Mission ready for review.

Added medic and field hospital.

EDIT: added overview image.
« Last Edit: 24 Feb 2008, 09:38:08 by Cheetah »
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
Re: [SP] Last Stand (please review)
« Reply #4 on: 09 Apr 2008, 21:40:03 »
I'll review this one.

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
Re: [SP] Last Stand (under review)
« Reply #5 on: 19 Apr 2008, 23:36:28 »
The mission has been reviewed.

From now on, the after-review discussion is opened!
« Last Edit: 12 Aug 2008, 12:35:12 by Cheetah »