SPON Core v0.5.3
- Released: 2008-10-04
- Install size: 114k (mission scripts) / 183k (addon version)
- (mission version) 100% scripts with no addon dependencies
- (addon version) Requires XEH (1.9 or higher), but is included in the release.
- Requires ArmA 1.09 or higher
- See attached README.html for full detailsSPON components@YouTube
SPON Core is required by:
- SPON Attachments v0.3.0
(Attach/detatch ACOG and other accessories to weapons in-game).
- SPON CrewNotify v0.1.0
(Notification of mount/dismount).
- SPON HoloMap v0.3.0
(3D holographic representation of the game world)
- SPON Map v0.7.0
(Freehand drawing and improved marker placement interface)
- SPON Money v0.1.2
(Shopping and banking)
- SPON Radar v0.1.0
("Old-school" long-range radar with a sweeping beam revealing "blips")
- SPON Rangefinder v0.3.0
(Shows range, azimuth and elevation overlayed on the SOFLAM/laser designator view)
- SPON RearView v0.2.1
(Rear-view mirrors for most vanilla and QG vehicles).
- SPON Recognise v0.3.0
(Recognise friends standing next to you, even if friendly tags are off).
- SPON Scuba v0.1.0
(Underwater swimming and demolitions)
- SPON Status v0.3.0
(Informational display clearly showing order-of-battle, group members and vehicle crew).
- SPON VBIED v0.2.0
(Place car-bombs on vehicles).
Other scripts of mine that don't need SPON Core, but that include debugging messages that can be seen if SPON Core debug-log is used:
- SPON Kits v0.1.1
(Standardised equipment kits).
- SPON_deathMesssages v0.2.1
(Configurable death notifications to replace the default ones).
My functions (no dependency on SPON Core or use of debugging):
- SPON_deepEquals v0.2.0
(Compare nested arrays for equivalency).
- SPON_directionName v0.1.1
(Convert numeric vector or direction into name, e.g. [1, 1, 0] => "North-East")
- SPON_getWeaponType v0.1.0
(Find out the general type of a weapon, based on its name, e.g. "M9" => "PISTOL").
- SPON_formatNumber v0.1.0
(Proper number formatting, e.g. 1234.567, to two decimal places with 1000s seperators => "1,234.57")
- SPON LOS v0.1.0
(Calculating line of sight)
- SPON_viewVector v0.1.1
(direction the player's screen is "looking", rather than body or weapon facings)
My scripts used by third parties:
- SPON Sensor - Vehicles detected by radar appear on everyone's map (Included in PRACS Beriev Be-32k
Core components required by most of the other SPON script packs (the README for each package will say whether it actually requires SPON Core and what minimum version is required). Many of the features provided here might be of use in creating your own mission scripts.
SPON Core is avilable in two versions. One is an addon and the other is mission-script-based which does not require any addons to be installed on client or server. It requires ArmA 1.09 or higher.Features
* Provides common features used by other SPON components, such as SPON VBIED, SPON Recognise and SPON Map.
* User event handling: Any player or server can broadcast local or global events. Those that have previously registered for the event will have their code run (Used very similarly to standard ArmA events).
* Broadcasting object variables with SPON_publicObjectVariable.
* Key event handling: Allows de-coupled key event handlers to be set up (normally a new key event handler deletes any existing handler).
* Some global variables (read-only) to complement the built-in "isServer".
* SPON_formatTime function is available: Formats an elapsed time, in seconds, as 0:00:00 or 0:00:00.000, which is appropriate for formatting elapsed time ("time" command), but not time of day.
* Debug log:
o Makes a permanent record of all debug messages, viewable in a window, thus not cluttering up the chat window with debug messages.
o Allows the client to view all debug messages that have been generated on the client or the server at any time (JIP clients can only see server messages generated after they joined)!
* Automatic monitoring of in-game men and vehicles:
o Lists of player, men and vehicle objects in the mission are kept updated.
o SPON events are published whenever any of these is found on the server for the first time and when a player is first or last found on the server. These events can be used to perform init actions on the objects, without the need of addons (Although init might be slightly delayed after the object has been created).LimitationsCompatibility
* Addons and Scripts:
o If SPON mission-script is used with SPON addon, only the addon version will be run (so ensure your addons are up to date).
o (Mission-version only) If SPON Core debug log is used with keys, rather than action to open the map, it is not compatible with any other script or addon that detects key-presses (unless it uses SPON Core or Shole's DEH key-press handlers, of course).Known bugs
* Variables updated with SPON_publicObjectVariable are not automatically updated for JIP players (though JIP players will get any new values sent after they have joined).
* Debug message logging on dedicated servers is currently broken.Plans
* Ensure that SPON_players_* arrays are synchronised across all machines and updated immediately on join/leave in progress by another player.
* Allow registering global event names, so that they can be published using less bandwidth.
* Expand USAGE section in README.txt, to make the systems more usable by third partiesCredits
* Provide a common set of scripts to minimise the repetition of scripts within the other SPON components.
* To provide a strong base for anyone developing SP, and especially MP, missions.
* Consistent GUI across all SPON GUI-based components. Font/colour schema can be chosen from a selection of standard schema.
* Avoid addons, in favour of scripting, as far as possible. Addon version and 100% mission-scripts versions are available!Change Log
* Using the debug log can reset the value of nil.
* Adding multiple key event handlers to one key will cause only the first to be run [Reported by i0n0s].
* SPON_isMP is incorrectly set to true in SP missions (unless you are playing from the SP editor without saving the mission).
(See readme.html for full details of changes before current version).Download SPON Core v0.5.3